What's new

new alarm fitted today! :D

Reaction score
Well, i did have a lazerline.... and to say the least GASH! didn't want one really.... but needed a cat' 1 for the insurance. and the lazerline was "cheap".....

2 reasons why it was being changed, it kept going off when i parked on the other side of the road! *puzzled* then eventually decided a door was open all the time when wasn't...

but mainly was for the reason that it couldn't be armed whilst the turbo timer was counting... so.... really, the timer was useless!!!!!

so now, i've got a clifford, with tilt motion and turbo timer unit! :) so i can now just arm and walk away whilst counting down! :)

whilst havin' this fitted... a few "comical" things were noticed though.... and how i am so glad that the old one is now gone! the fitting was actually a JOKE!!!!! only 3 of the joints/splices were soldered, i mean, is solder expensive? why only do 3 of them? the boot wasn't even protected! the control box was "wedged in" rather than fixed.....

and best of all the only thing the alarm was "cutting out" was the starter motor! so really... someone could have just bump started the car! there was no secondary circuit for it so i was told....

So, how glad am i that it's now been changed before finding out the hard way that the "security features" that i thought i had on my car..... were actually GASH!

Reaction score
ye the cliffords are great. Had one in my last car with the black jax anti-hijacking and was very pleased with it! When my s15 arrives this is the first addition after plates