What's new

Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)

J

jyan050

Hi guys,

I'm new here, I have some problem with my S15 and one of my friend suggested posting question up here so.. here it goes..

My car was fine until last night, but then this afternoon, Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) came on and stayed on.

My engine was running rough and then ok then rough and then ok.. but then it just disappeared just now.

I don't know whats happening here. Does anyone know why Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) comes on??

My car has done 94000 km now, and has pod filter (little dirty), custom exhaust from turbo to muffler, and Gizzmo chipped ECU.

I'll be really glad if you guys give me some clues on where to look. Thanks.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hi mate, and welcome :wave:

Where abouts are you? The forum covers S15s all over the world :)

The MIL or engine check light can come on for an infinite number of reasons, I'm afraid. It will be for something you need to get checked soon though. From what you've described, it could be a dirty AFM, dodgy coilpack, or a few other things.

If you're in Oz or NZ, get yourself into a dealer for them to hook up to Consult. This will tell them exactly what error(s) caused the the light to come on. This will be much simpler and quicker than trying to work it out blindly. If anyone near you has a Nissan Consult interface and software, they can do the same thing.