What's new

Clutches Need Help

S

ShawnS15

Hi guys, been using ORC409D clutch..Feeling is good but it have been having some problems (rattle when deccelerating bet 2-2.5k rpm, sometime the car surge forward when moving off, when reversing there is a jerky feeling) with it.. decided to switch clutch,

i need some opinion and help from u guys. the clutch best with ORC driving feeling but without --->(No noise when deccelerating bet 2.5-2k rpm, clutch release feeling and driving style is almost as stock, holding up to 350-400hp)

here are some choices i found..plz add in or help me..

1, Nismo Super Coppermix Single

2, Cusco Super Single

3, Stock S14 (Flywheel) with Cusco/Nismo Coppermix Disk, Cusco/Nismo Pressure Plate

4, ????

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
I use the Orc ogura 409 in my S15 & don't have any issues with it. no rattles &once you get used to the sharp bite it is fine. might be a problem with yours. I also have the Orc lightened solid flywheel.

M

Matt_S

It might be worth bleeding the clutch and/or trying a Nismo slave cylinder first. Sounds like youre getting some clutch drag which is giving you the slight 'jerk' with the pedal down.

S

ShawnS15

It might be worth bleeding the clutch and/or trying a Nismo slave cylinder first. Sounds like youre getting some clutch drag which is giving you the slight 'jerk' with the pedal down.
does the slave cylinder make the clutch releasing feeling softer? as i like the hard feeling when depressing the clutch.

S

ShawnS15

does the NISMO SUPER COPPERMIX have this noise?

• Because of the design and manufacturing processes used to create the improved clutch response and increased output provided by the sports clutch disc and lightweight flywheel, it is possible that the transmission or bearings may make a rumbling noise, particularly in comparison to genuine Nissan parts. Transmission or gear noise is most likely to occur at idling or when accelerating or decelerating in the range of approximately 2000rpm; however, this has no effect on quality or performance.​
  • Do not use with a Big operating cylinder, which may result in a misshift due to insufficient stroke volume.​

S

ShawnS15

• Because of the design and manufacturing processes used to create the improved clutch response and increased output provided by the sports clutch disc and lightweight flywheel, it is possible that the transmission or bearings may make a rumbling noise, particularly in comparison to genuine Nissan parts. Transmission or gear noise is most likely to occur at idling or when accelerating or decelerating in the range of approximately 2000rpm; however, this has no effect on quality or performance.​
  • Do not use with a Big operating cylinder, which may result in a misshift due to insufficient stroke volume.​

S

ShawnS15

S

ShawnS15

oops sorry for the flooding... my net jam up the forum...so i tot my post was not up.