What's new

Craig's Almera Track Project!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
ok got you cheers Craig :)

Snap with the swift my misses has one as well, including racing strips and cheques :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Latest Trackday at Cadwell Park went very well. Managed to get the lap times down to 1:54 dead with a passenger, which I was fairly pleased with.

There are a few things I would like to do before the next session, such as more weight removal, complete ABS removal, new clutch as this one can slip when hot, and maybe a LSD gearbox. Also want to install a proper front splitter to help reduce some of the high speed understeer, fully blank and smooth fog light holes, increase brake duct air holes and remove the GTI rear lip.

The handling is pretty decent now but I'd like the suspension to be a little firmer as it's not as sharp as I'd like, and a little more front camber should reduce the understeer - maybe -2.0 to -2.5 deg

Here are a few pics anyway..

And those tight lines proudly resulted in the Almera's second battle scar!...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha brilliant!!!!!! :D

Looks like you had a fun day and weather was on your side for sure :thumbs:

Like you set of next mods... I really need to sort out air ducting to cool my front brakes soon!! Was the battle scar from one of those many black/white apex marker posts lol?? :wack:

Reaction score
Country
battle scar..... as it should

good on ya for sticking with the fwd track day car, a mate and i just brought a 650 (GBP) car to take to the nurbergring as he didnt want to wreck his new bmw and its kind of too far to take the S15.
I see you have a ring sticker on the almeras arse, just slapped one on the fto's arse...
Cheap track days cars are still enough fun