What's new

need a help in the uk registration

O

osaka

Hi all ,

I'm french and i'm ready to go in uk to swap my car and my car is ever in uk plate ( it's a uk car), and i want to know if it's possible to drive the car with the old uk plate , i never change the papers so the car is not registred in france but the old owner send a certificate of export , i keep the v5 , i have a french insurance.

But i don't want be in the illegality and i want to be sur if i drive like that in UK the police don't stop me .

Thanks to help me please .

Oz

K

kieran@silverback

if the papers were sent off the registration should not belong to that car anymore. however i would say do a uk registrion number check and see what comes up......you never know the papers may have never been sent/received etc, though with laws th way they are now if you drive over here and it shows the reg is wrong or not insured etc the police have the powers to seize your car. if you have the v5 im nt sure how the old owner sent off the certificate of export i thought you needed the v5 to do that?

O

osaka

yes i'm not sur the man send the paper but how to know if he send the little yellow paper " permanent export"?

because he keep just this little paper on the v5