What's new

Gran turismo 5

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
been a bit late getting the game due to college projects but now they are out of the way i've bought myself another S15 :smitten:

love the car and the game although i need more practice anyway. Was wondering if there were any fellow gamers here that also have a copy, would be fun race the other forum members online. :nod:

Reaction score
Country
I really dislike Gran Turismo 5! It seriously does my head in... I cannot figure out how to get it sliding... I've spent ages trying and trying but it just doesn't work lol! Is it like Forza 3 on XBOX 360 how you have to press the right directional button in order to activate drift mode? Can you give me some tips on trying to get my car to slide? lol

Thanks!

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
I use the D pad but it's not a specific command like Forza 3

I don’t think it’s much of a technique, but I make sure the car has no drivers aids apart from a little abs and auto gearbox and use the buttons to late break into a corner, turn in and then power over with the throttle to get the arse to fly out. Would love to learn the more technical ways to drift but I’m useless with a manual gearbox so I can’t cluch kick it in game.

S

s15dave

yer i have gt5, i bought my ps3 specifically to play it....

its a fun game, but yer it can be difficult.

the problem i find with the controller is obviosuly you press the left button to turn left, and when you release it it goes back to steering straight, as expected. and if your not careful this "auto straightening" will flick you around.

its a bit easier if you use the joystick, as you can vary the steering easier. forza 3 is heaps easier to slide in thats for sure.

ive gotten ok at going sideways in gt5, i dont have an s15 yet, got an FD rx7 with all the mods, plenty good fun to get sideways.

btw have you noticed that the "s15 aero" doesnt have an aero front bar?

ive not actually tried online races, but im keen to give it a go, but i cant recall my username....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
would love to try it, was it released for the pc? Then all I would have to do is find the time to play it!!!

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
s15dave said:
the problem i find with the controller is obviosuly you press the left button to turn left, and when you release it it goes back to steering straight, as expected. and if your not careful this "auto straightening" will flick you around.
never throught about that, always thought it was just the car setup that would send me flying into the wall above 60

meddler said:
would love to try it, was it released for the pc? Then all I would have to do is find the time to play it!!!
Soz Meddler, did check but its only available on the PS3 at present.

It might not have the front bar (so rare it's hard to get ahold of in the virtual world too lol) but im pretty impressed with the in car camera and i swear it sounds the same. The exhaust note even changed when i swaped out the stock to a full bore version.

My gamertag is NeoArmitage (lol should change it but to much hassle) if anyone wants to meet up on the tracks online.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
well, I may have to buy it for my PS3 then :)

Reaction score
i gots it, its the only game i play at the moment until killzone 3 comes out! my psn name is the same as my user name :)

Reaction score
I really dislike Gran Turismo 5! It seriously does my head in... I cannot figure out how to get it sliding... I've spent ages trying and trying but it just doesn't work lol! Is it like Forza 3 on XBOX 360 how you have to press the right directional button in order to activate drift mode? Can you give me some tips on trying to get my car to slide? lol

Thanks!
I found it hard at first also, it's how you set the car up and more importantly, what tyres you use!!! Use compound hard all round and enjoy :)