What's new

4-door JDM "Sport"-Sedans?

F

faxij

Hy, I've been thinking lately that a 2-seater alone won't do for me really, coz while im still young i want to take friends/chicks around and later on ofc wife and sometime later kids.

i do love the S15, 350z, 370z, R32-34, FD RX7, S2000...But im quite sure ill get one for weekends and maybe even a drift and/or track car.

Anyways, as for the Sedan I've been thinking about a Lex IS200, obviously Supercharging it or doing an swap for more power. I'm thinking 300-450 bhp-ish.
Also been thinking about the Aristo, JZX's, the Skyline Sedans (R32-R34 again..), G35 Sedan, Scoob's and Evo's. Volvo 240 as well - those really rock, even though it's not Jdm :wack:

So well, just'd like to hear your opinions? Insurance and fuel can be high, but not in ridiculous regions ;) Decent space would be nice -esp. in the rear (Tall people with long legs!!)
Most important to me though is aftermarket availability - how easy to source performance/aero parts - how much variety?
Lastly, I like the idea of a car not everyone drives - those cars that get people impressed and talking to you about your motor ;)

Cant wait to hear your thoughts!! :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
chicks dig an S15!!!!

get a run of the mill 4 door for the daily and have an S15. The best of both worlds :)

Reaction score
Country
I've been looking at C33 laurels and A31 cefiros lately. I think they would share a lot of parts with other nissans, so wouldn't be too bad for spares, and I think they're even rarer on the roads over here than S15's.

Laurels do look good :) :nod:

Last edited:
F

faxij

jup, actually.. :)

r32/33/34 seems nice, although I'm sure the 4-door models with Turbo engine are not easy to source (good ones that is)..
cefiro/laurel is too old for me really, if boxy then a 244 volvo with a 1jz engine swap, but i have my doubts about daily-driver reliability.. :)

looking into aristo/chaser/cresta though, but can't really find the specs! not sure if there's a spec for any one of them that has rwd, manual tranny, 4 doors and a stock turbo spec engine?

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
jup, actually.. :)

r32/33/34 seems nice, although I'm sure the 4-door models with Turbo engine are not easy to source (good ones that is)..

looking into aristo/chaser/cresta though, but can't really find the specs! not sure if there's a spec for any one of them that has rwd, manual tranny, 4 doors and a stock turbo spec engine?
4 door/turbo Skylines are pretty common actually, shouldn't be hard to find one at all. Most are auto but a 5 speed swap is really easy on those cars.

Aristos/chasers/crestas/mark II are everywhere with a twin turbo 1jz, finding one with a 5 speed could be a challenge. 5 speed swaps are pretty pricey.

F

faxij

ah cool...researched a bit in the meanwhile, think my "dream" would be like a chaser jzx100 tourer v...the trd model version 2!
upgrade with some nice led-tail lights and add some mint wheels and thats basically a perfect family car for me! hard to find and pricey tho!

so i'm pretty sure i'll look out for a decent 32 or 33 skyline and make it a minter that stands out :)

dont know really btw what model that last picture is hypnotik?

F

faxij

mh, thats a big fella tho lol. think i might prefer sticking to something more light-weight :)

anyways, cheers! think i know all the models of potential interest now, so basically its time now to see them and get a ride somehow! :)