What's new

R35 Track Session

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Finally got around to doing my R35 track session the girl friend got me for my Birthday today.

Did it at Prestwood Hall in Leicester and was a nice sunny morning with a dry track.

Was very impressed with the car, goes like a rocket and is so nice to drive.

Only problem is now I want one :nod:

Here are the pics:

I then did a couple laps in a Ariel Atom as a passenger, that was also pretty impressive.

Not sure who the driver actually was but he was dressed as the Stig and we were told he was a special celebrity guest driver for the day :cool:

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Awesome, looks like a good bit of fun! :) My GF bought me a AM DBS trackday thing last year too. Well worth doing but I found it depressing when you get out and realise that the chances of ever owning something like that are.. slim!

Did you give it the full beans down the straights?! The GT-R is currently the only car I've been in that gave me mild chest pain due to the brutal 1st+2nd gear acceleration. Love it!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
craig8585; said:
Did you give it the full beans down the straights?!
I came out the pits onto the main straight and went flat to the floor in 2nd, then into 3rd, then bloody hard on the brakes for the bend :nod:

Pushed it as hard as I dare considering Ive never driven one before, but always went foot to the floor comming out the bends.

Got held up by some slow ferraris on my last lap, but was lucky enough to have no traffic for the rest of the session.

4d_dc2

I would have thought mallory would be to short for one of these. I did it in my ek9 last year. What speed was you entering and going round gerrards? (first sweeping corner)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I would have thought mallory would be to short for one of these. I did it in my ek9 last year. What speed was you entering and going round gerrards? (first sweeping corner)
Yes your probably correct.

Not sure what I was thinking last night I was actually at prestwood hall not mallory park.

I've updated the first post to reflect that now.

Think the info things they gave me must have confused me as they have mallory printed on them :annoyed:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ace pics and looks like an awesome day :D

I recently had my first chance to jump in as passenger in Knight-Racer's GTR and it's immense... feels very civilised but the power/acceleration is WOW!!!!

Can you book Prestwood Hall for trackdays?? Looks like a nice little circuit :thumbs:

E

empty_inside

I had as a present a go round silverstone in a Lotus Exige S (60 in 4.2s). Tiny, scary car with no driver aids at all and a supercharger whining in your right ear all the time. Oh, and it was properly standing-water wet. Had to catch a few slides but another bloke gave it too many beans out of a slow corner and did pirouettes down the main straight! Oddly I also had to go round the outside of a few slow Ferraris.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I had as a present a go round silverstone in a Lotus Exige S (60 in 4.2s). Tiny, scary car with no driver aids at all and a supercharger whining in your right ear all the time. Oh, and it was properly standing-water wet. Had to catch a few slides but another bloke gave it too many beans out of a slow corner and did pirouettes down the main straight! Oddly I also had to go round the outside of a few slow Ferraris.
I would have though an exige s would be quicker than 4.2 to 60?

The R35 does it in 3.0 and the atom in 2.8.

But then I guess it is a 1.8.

The Ferrari is what everyone who knows nothing about cars seems to choose just for the fact they can tell all their other friends who know nothing about cars they drove a Ferrari :p

Dnt get me wrong though I :smitten: some Ferraris.

Last edited: