What's new

forum a bit....glitchy???

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i dont know if anyone else has this but most of the threads i look at now the forum is updated have pics/posts overlapping each other - pics and text are covered over making me unable to view some of it - does anyone else have this???

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I have this but only at work?!? I put it down to the crappy internet there as it runs fine at home.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
wierd - its not a loading thing, its just in general for most threads i look at....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
oh right, I only get the problem when there are pic's in the thread. What browser are you using and has it had any updates recently ?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
explorer mate - but havent updated it for a while - might try that ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I get it too Dean, but only at work where the connection is a bit slow. If I leave it to load all the pics before scrolling down it doesn't seem to do it. :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
seems to be a forum problem. I will have a chat to Nicely about this.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There have been one or two problems, but not like you describe. I have no layout problems. If you're using IE6 or Firefox 2, you might want to try something a bit newer. It's a bit like trying to play a Blu-Ray DVD in a standard DVD player...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am using ie8 and still having the problems described. Maybe I need to clear the cache and look to see if there are any updates

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Seems to happen when not in full screen ?
a rusty five pence piece to that man :thumbs:

cheers jez, you're right - full screen does sort it. now i can read some of the stuff i've been missing out on:)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
When I edit a post, any existing emoticons come up as HUUUGE!!! lol it's like being attacked by a smile??!! :D

But apart from this it all seems to work fine...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
IE8 may conform to all the internet standards, but it's a complete piece of paskan (as we say in Finland :p ). The number of compatibility issues there are with web sites is quite unbelievable (hence why they have a 'compatibility mode'). However, vBulletin 4 most definitely should work with it. There have been issues with the Ajax coded parts of the forum. vBulletin should be addressing these as they are global issues.

Please give some links to examples of problem threads. I haven't seen any issues. I do have my browsers full screen though (maximised, not F11).

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
when i reply to a post if i spell check before i post it it deletes the entire post!
only happens on this forum my spell checker works fine on other forums.....so please excuse my spelling!!

Reaction score
i dont know if anyone else has this but most of the threads i look at now the forum is updated have pics/posts overlapping each other - pics and text are covered over making me unable to view some of it - does anyone else have this???
I get this but I just click on the post number with the # next to it and it sort's itself out. One thing I did notice is that when you post sometimes the last word on a line is repeated as the first word on the next line, only happens sometimes tho.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Someone post an example link please.
i've just had a look through loads of threads and cant seem to find any problem ones now........wierd, at one point it seemed almost every thread was like it????????