What's new

Moving to Wiltshire

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Right the wife and I are moving to Wiltshire, had it with Essex property is far to expensive for what it is and its just not green enough!

So I am looking for any info you guys have on garages in the area. Places to go to get work done and places to avoid at all costs! Are there many if any S15's in the area? (think it was Nicely old stomping ground right?)

Cheers

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol. And you're expecting it to be cheaper? :p

It really depends where in Wiltshire you are going to move. Generally, any place which is within easy reach of a train line to London is going to be expensive. Salisbury (where I used to live) for example had the great reputation for property being so expensive that people who actually lived and worked there struggled to afford houses. House price were/are high but pay in the area is paskan. That's why I preferred to travel up to a 50 mile radius to work contracts.

I'm not up to date with prices, etc. though. I'd recommend short-listing the areas you like or prefer, then checking out the local estate agent listing for those towns. As a rule, there is usually a good reason why prices are less in some areas. Taking a good drive around such towns gives you a good idea.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
We are looking in the Warminster area as we have mates there and we have visited then enough times so we know we like it there plus the wife has a job in Melksham so cant move to far away from there.
Went to Warminster and Westbury at the weekend and looked at about 10 houses all 3/4 beds for about 10K more than our flat. Just need to sell the thing now.

Reaction score
Rightio then. I'm in Swindon ans swear by Imperial Tyres. These guys spent ages setting my suspension arms up to my specs and were pretty reasonable on price.
Nicely was in Salisbury i believe.

I keep meaning to get in touch with Swindon Race Engines as I want me head gas flowed.

Oh, btw, Extended 3 bed detached for sale by me for 240k. Some very good houses for sale in Swindon. Avoid Swindon west like the plague. Swindon east is cool though (my opinion lol).