What's new

Engine managment swap info needed...

Reaction score
Hi there guys and ladies if there are any reading this thread ( no, I am not a sexist).

I own a 1999 hyundai tiburon. it's my first car. I have been googling and searching for days now and to my understanding the engine ca be swapped out for a 4g63. I would stick with the original engine but I really haven't found any high end modifications out there needed to feed my goal of 600HP.

I know the 4g63 has a huge aftermarket support. My question is how would the engine managment system get connected? would i have to buy an aftermarket EMS or would i have to use the stock EMS (if i'm just going to ride the 4g63 stock)? And can it be connected to the main system or would i have to swap that also?

I have seen lots of swaps done but mostly when the engine is from the same car make. I have seen a few rare swaps like a 2jzgte in an RX-7 but there is little to no info on how the EMS works with the main system. And i have absolutly no knowledge of wiring stuff in cars but hopefully when you read this thread and reply, I will learn something new...

Thanks in advance for your time.