What's new

Modified Car insurance Ireland

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I've been asked to stick this up here, I hope Admin don't mind??

Hi Folks,
I've been asked by a member on here who's in the Insurance industry to throw up a thread for the Irish contingent.
Basically they are trying to understand the potential market for Modified performance car insurance with a view to proposing this to an insurance company :wave:
Basically do you want to have a fully legit, all mods declared insurance policy while getting it at a decent rate?
If you can answer Yes to that then please email this email address:
chrisdrx@hotmail.com
including the subject line "modified car insurance"
You don't need to put anything else in the email, we're looking to just gather interest/numbers
Like this:

Basically that's it, the more response we get the more chance of this being a success!
With that in mind,
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL THE CAR SITES AROUND THE COUNTRY!!!
All help would be much appreciated as I for one am properly annoyed to be spending €1,800 a year on insurance because I've chosen to declare all the mods on my Jap import :annoyed: (non turbo - 25, 4 years NCB & 2 points)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Just a quick update, if you're interested folks send him an email....

It most certainly is, Chris will be sending out a short questionnaire to all the people who responded to the initial email.

The questions should be as follows:

1. Age group: i.e 20-25, 25-30, 30+
2. No claims bonus level in years -
3. Model of car and year -
4. Do You have use of a second car -
5. Type of Licence full or Provisional -
6. Type of Mods done to car -
7. Value of Car -
8. Area of use / area roughly you live -

The questions are brief and reasonably vague (no personal details) so we'd appreciate your response. This will give Chris and his partner (who put this together) the ability to use clear information on demographic, age, ncb etc to allow them to fight the corner for the right policy coming out at the end of this.

The underlying point to note is they are very interested, This is one of the big 3 Insurance companies in Ireland. We really need to continue to get behind this. We're really close to making this a success and I/we would really need your support to make this a reality.

Any questions, just shout.

Martin. :thumbs: