What's new

Honda S2000 Opinions

G

Ger Keane

Hi All,

Its been a while since ive posted anything here as i sold my S15 almost 2 years ago, how time flies. I now have my heart set on an S2000 which i will hopefully be the owner of in the next week or so. Prices have dropped dramatically here in ireland. There are 2 possibilities that i will probably have a look at this weekend, here are the links

http://www.bendunne.com/ads/12039-cheap-honda-s2000-for-sale

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1107830

Im favouring the silver one on first impressions as it is a jap import with lower milage. I think the black one is an irish car so not an import.
Im wondering what opinions other members here have of the S2000 and these 2 particular examples.

Oh and hello everybody again!!:wave:

Reaction score
Country
i haven't owned one, but i took one for a drive, and liked it very much, well done to a 2.0 NA, just vtec, was very fun to drive, good cause you can just cruise calmly if you want, then bang it into 2nd and rev the little bugger to 9, very very very good engine noise, only down side is that most have soft tops which make them midlife crisis cars, but a mugen hardtop fixes that

Reaction score
I love Black and red contrast, I had it in my Ibiza! It doesnt look in great condition though to be fair the seats are tatty and why wouldnt you wash it for a sale pic?? I do love the engine noise with an induction kit on though :thumbs:

wutang200

Reaction score
I've driven one of these a 2006 shape iirc. Nice cars that feel very stable when driving. Chassis felt superb and and responsive with a very nice driving position. Loved the spaceship style rev countered dash too & comfy leather recaro seats. Engine felt very nice even off the VTEC.

Downside is you really have to drive it hard to get the feeling of power and a car like this would only really be thoroughly enjoyable on a track or on country roads. Drive in VTEC on the streets for long and you'll end up with no driving license due to the noise they make when in VTEC and the pace you'd be going at when hitting the VTEC.

Reaction score
i considered getting one of these.... vtec is a laugh when you're in a rag it mood....

but boost is much better, the torque etc! :)

i couldn't buy that black one, purely on the fact that they're too fricken lazy to even wash it to get pic's for the sale............ what else have they been too lazy to do? like, service it????

S

SX2002

I've not driven one but was told by a mate that has that they are pretty usekess down low in the rev range and don't really come on-song until you get up towards the 9,000 mark...from what he said, an S15 will beat it easily off the mark, not sure if it will catch it either...I like the look of these cars though and if you aren't looking for turbo power, I reckon they'd be a god little car.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The S2000's are a quick car. as SX2002 the are pretty lifeless until the VTEC kicks in, then they are a lot of fun. If will definately leave a standard spec R for dead. They handle extremely well and there are plenty of hot up bits for them.

Reaction score
Country
My good friend currently has one (he's had it for about two years now) and he loves it. I've driven it on a few track days and they are quick cars once you sink a bit of money into them. There's just nothing happening till the higher RPM's.

The go fast parts are rather expensive. I've hooked him up with a bunch of parts from Japan (mostly J's racing and ASM bits) over the time he's owned it and I've noticed the difference.

Reaction score
A mate of mine has now gone and got one for a summer toy... been out in a few times and they just feel completely lifeless!!! Seems to take an AGE to actually get wound up to where they actually want to move anywhere spritely!

T

Toby

I Took one for a drive, having had various B series Hondas, I was dissapointed with how it didnlt feel as revvy, although it will go to 8.8k it didn't feel like it wanted to like a B series.

I don't like the Inside either.

They are still bloody good looking, and as ever you cant beat honda reliability!