What's new

Am I mad

M

Meddy

Something yakozan posted a while back has seeded quite worryingly in my head.

I think Ive fallen for the Silver JDM S13 on the first page of the thread below. :cool:

http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ive always been a bit of a sucker for boxy older cars and do love a big project, as the amount I spent restoring and building my 1980 Mini CLubman would have bought me a couple of nice 15's. :eek: :rolleyes:

So the upshot is over the last week or two Ive been seriously considering getting rid of the S15 and bare metal rebuilding a S13 Silvia and making it something silly special.

So am I completely bonkers and do I need to stop using so much Araldite at work? :D

Or is this just 4 pints of Erdinger speaking?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Totally bonkers. You'll be constantly fixing it, sorting the rust and rebuilding the big end.

Oh. Here's a pic of Pete C's at Combe on Saturday...

:D

Reaction score
Your not bonkers for wanting to do it, so do i ! (Mind you i did jus stick my hand in an electric fan!)
Would'nt get rid of the S15 thou...
Dont know if you should look at the next link coz it may make you decide to go for it... I think its a thing of beauty... ferret on the SXOC showed it to me... its where i got the idea for the fuse box removal...

http://www.driftunit.com/profiles/gentile/

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol. Custom wiring. Pointblank on SXOC is the man to speak to about custom wiring. He's totally replaced the wiring in his S13 with a custom loom and ECU. Looks good. He regularly has electrical problems though. Did at Combe on Saturday... Think its off the road more than its on.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You're mad :D
I wouldn't get rid of the S15. But I wouldn't mind having a Silvia S13 :)
Sell the Mini instead :thumbs:

Or maybe you have a wife who needs a new car suddenly ;)

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
:nod: Totally bonkers. You'll be constantly fixing it, sorting the rust and rebuilding the big end.

Oh. Here's a pic of Pete C's at Combe on Saturday...

:D
Ah but thats a Sileighty isnt it. Totally different. :D As for rust it would only be done once, Id bare metal the shell then respray. It'd be like new. :nod: Id bung a new SR20 in as well, so really in terms of reliability it would be no different to the 15.

However now Im sober the process of stripping and rebuilding a car doesnt appeal so much. NOte to self do not talk to my crazy friends after over indulging in Weisbeer. So I guess I'll have a few more weeks thinking about it, drive the 15 more and push it all to the back of my mind with all the other worrying thoughts about purple giraffes. However looking at channies link has not helped matters. :D

The mini has already gone Yako, I sold it to fund my honeymoon a few years ago. I do still miss it sometimes though... My trouble is I need to be richer so that I can afford to just keep lots of cars. Other option I suppose is to convince the wife she would rather be driving a PS13 down the icy country roads from our house than her new Fiesta. :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Pah! The only difference is that one's a true coupe and the other's a hatchback :p

Bare metalling an S13 wouldn't make any difference. Rust is like a race memory in them :p

Weisbeer = evil :nod: You'd probably be talking more sense after five pints of true Somerset Scrumpy... :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Your not mad :no:, i thought about doing this too :nod:, but mine would be a drift slag, stripped out racer :thumbs:

I love the look of the S15 alot, but just to worried i stuff it (sometimes worried), but i'm not going to do it, love the S15, its alot, alot newer, looks better and goes better, plus has new technology :nod:

Just so we all know what were talking about: -

:wave: :D

B

Barky

Your bonkers mate, don't do it, you'll spend loads and loads of money only for the car to be sat on your drive and then attend a few meets, waste of time and money unless you've got loads stashed away :D, and want to be in the lime light of having something different. Whats wrong with the 15? Just spend some money and fit that spoiler on, to me thats only thing its lacking, you've got plenty of power of which never gets used :rolleyes: . If you feel you want to go faster, handle better etc. strip all interior and other weight adding crap, thats free power to weight mate. But if its costing too much to run / keep, as you've said earlier, you rebuilt your mini and it cost a couple of S15's. I'm sure rebuilding a JDM S13 to how you want it would cost much more and how much will you sell it for after all the money you spent on it 6 months down the line? Less than 1 S15, remember generally speaking S body owners are tight gits unlike Skyline and Evo owners, unless you find another bonker like yourself you'll lose so much money. Can't remember what happened to Norris Designs old car but that was like well over ?50k spent on that car and it struggled to sell for ?25k or so (or maybe it did??). So money wise keeping the S15 makes more sense man. You've spent loads already, if you want something (as I know you like to be) to be the best in the country do it to the S15, your almost 25% there :D . Anyway my 2 dollars worth. Plus you know yourself, you won't find a genuine low mileage S15 that hasn't been bollocked.

M

Meddy

Blimey who resurrected this one?

Oh I see it was the china man, who has things right as usual the bugger. :D ;)

Oh and stop showing me pictures like that Yakko, you never know when I'll be drunk again and I may do something rash. :D