What's new

Ive really damaged myself!

Reaction score
The story begins...
Iwas on my way to a SW SXOC meet at lunch time today... when we arrived i pooped the bonnet to ask an owner about re using the aircon fan instead of the viscous... at this point my engine was still running... i turned on the air con to activate the electric fan, but nothing happened, i checked the wires and found the fan was unpluged, plugged her back in and she started spinning... neway, i held my hand between the viscous and the electric to feel how much air it was pulling...

i slipped!

hand went into the electric fan...

absolute blood bath...

my car went from white to red... my mates s13 got a new coat... i was dripping in blood... and i left a few pints of blood (aswell as some flesh and finger nails!0 on the beefeater car park...

yes it hurt...

:cry:

So a word of warning, yes the s15 electric fan looks whimpy and pathetic, but if you get a chance, (remember not to turn the AC on!) have a feel how sharp the blades are! There sharper than most of my kitchen knifes!

L

Lee75

Ooo :eek: i've done that but just to one finger, but in my case the fan was sucking instead of blowing :cry:
did you get stitched up :)

Reaction score
7 stiches
and they removed the rest of the nail on my index finger...
i'm in absolute agony...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
that much fooking hurt take more care next time mate no driving S15 for a few days then get well soon mate :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Oh, dear God. :eek: :hurl:

NEVER stick your hand near the fan area when the engine's running...

Hope you heal quick. :(

D

Derek

:hurl: f**k i was eating dinner.. Holy shit is the car alrite? :D Sorry to hear about that lad. Get well soon.

J

Jono

Did you... :rant: , ... :hurl: , ... or just faint?! Feck that looks painful :( Next time, get someone to give you a hand!!! ;)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
OMG :eek:
Sorry to hear. It must have hurt like hell.
Think positive. Atleast you didn't loose a finger or two.

i hope it heals quickly :thumbs:

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones concern! :thumbs: (quite funny how much that smiley looks like me at the mo!)
It was quite suprising i didnt faint... my first reaction was 'Dont worry guys, its jus a flesh wound...' then when i saw the inside of my bonnet was now red and the back of my mates car was red... i needed to sit down... Luckly my m8s s13 is puting out jus over 350bhp so getting to A&E wasnt a long drive!

I hope it heals quickly...

Ive already taken measures to prevent it happening again... jus bought 2 x 12" fans off ebay, both have shrouds which i cant stick my fingers through!!!! :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
...................... Feck that looks painful :( Next time, get someone to give you a hand!!! ;)
PMSL :notworthy: :notworthy:

Looks a sore one mate, glad you managed to keep your fingers :nod:

Reaction score
More parts have arrived!!!!
These are more for my safety than anything else...
2 x 12"

And as you can see i aint gunna be able to stick my hand in these ones!!

Reaction score
Yeah there goin on the stock until i clear my credit card and place my next order to japan!!
Got them off ebay... ?61.01 for both!
At the moment they are pushers... so got to get them to pull... but this is a job for when i can use two hands!!
It also means i can ditch the AC fan and the viscous... Gunna have so much space under there, i could rent it out!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
channie said:
..........It also means i can ditch the AC fan and the viscous... Gunna have so much space under there, i could rent it out!
See, i followed you till you said this :confused:

Reaction score
I'm gunna get rid of the big white viscous fan and the plastic electric hand muncher for the AC. I'll have it running so both fans are on a thermostat and come on when the water gets above a certain temp... this also means they will stay running after the engine turns off and keep on cooling it down... I'm either gunna hook one to come on constanly if the AC is one (Act like the current electric fan), or jus rip out all the AC...

Reaction score
I noticed its drinks more juice when i left it by accident... the only thing i used the AC for is demisting the windows quickly... but ive got remote start now so my car is nice and toasty in the mornings!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol. I use mine quite frequently. If you can't afford the fuel, you shouldn't have bought the car, or modded it :p Unless you're all eco-warriors, of course...