First UK Owner? nicely?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No and yes. There were many UK owners before I got one. I'd say the first one was in the UK in 1999 or 2000 in the happy days before ESVA. The estimate was that there were less than 100 in the UK when I got one.

Sushiming came up with the idea of the club/forum and started a free-hosted phpbb site. I took over the hosting a few months later and later changed the forum over to decent vBulletin software, and then a dedicated US-based server.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
what would be the estimate of how many there are here now? is there a register somewhere that keeps those sort of details....?

J

JustTheJedi

Mine was imported and registered way back on 27th April 2000, brand spanking new..............has anyone got an earlier date??:confused:

Reaction score
Country
Due to the freedom of data act the DVLA can probably provide the number of registered Nissan Silvias Spec R's if you requested it.

Reaction score
Country
I imagine the number will grow more rapidly now that you can get them over 10 years old, and you can just import, then MOT without the SVA or whetever it's called now.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You would think that, but with the value of the pound dropping against the Yen they are now considerably more expensive to buy in Japan.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
what would be the estimate of how many there are here now? is there a register somewhere that keeps those sort of details....?
Lots more.

Due to the freedom of data act the DVLA can probably provide the number of registered Nissan Silvias Spec R's if you requested it.
And if you pay for it, I suspect... At best, you'd only get the number of 'Nissan Silvia's with a year of manufacture between 1999 and 2002. There is no differentiation on the V5 between Spec S, Spec R, and Autech because they all have the same engine size and no spec or trim is listed.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
id be interested to see.. on Insuring the car i couldnt insure it as a s15...

Its insured as a Nissan Silvia 2.0litre Turbo Import 1999-2000

Reaction score
Country
Mine is definitely insured as a Spec R as i had to get them to change the policy from describing it as a Spec S.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Who are you with? As Admiral didnt have s15 or s14 on their list let alone Spec's lol. It was 200sx, Silvia or Silvia import turbo. Then i needed to confirm CC and Left or Right hand drive :)