What's new

Anyone ever bought wheels from Perfect Run?

D

Dizz

As the title says just wondering if anyone has ever bought a set of wheels from Perfect Run?

I'm contemplating buying a set from Japan and Perfect Run seems to be by far the cheapest of all the sites only thing is I can't see a price for shipping wheels, anyone know how much shipping would be on a set of 18s? (Says they're 60kg volume). My main worry is getting stung on customs :cry::censored:

D

Dizz

Ye I got stung €180 before on coilovers from Oz & €90 on my DVD/screen unit :(

subzero

Reaction score
ive used P-R before, i found em good a very fast delivery etc ... ive never got stung for customs for anything out of japan , aus / us etc theyll catch ya .

the only thing you get charged seperate for the item then a few days later get the shipping bill which kinda was a pain as it was a little more than i expected ....

D

Dizz

Was it wheels you bought? If so how much was the shipping???

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
can they be classified as used to reduce the customs tax. I know here in Oz, if an item is classified as used they don't charge anywhere near as much. As far as I am concerned, if it is taken out of the box to be looked at, it is used ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Never heard of them tbh,Customs can be a balls I was charge 50 euro extra by customs for 3 hoodies and 2 tops from america so maybe that will give u some idea and it was DHL that delievered them as far as I can remember
You've never heard of Perfectrun?! They are one of the best priced and most consistent international suppliers of Japanese aftermarket AND OEM parts in Japan! Check the stickys in the Traders section, or do a search for 'Perfectrun'....

'Warranty returned/replaced auto parts' has always served me well... ;)

Reaction score
Country
I used Perfectrun and cant fault them. They constantly kept me updated on the shipping and allowed me to save quite a few £ on customs. Overall i saved about £300 over buying from a UK supplier.

Nicely - I dont think the warranty returned loophole works for Wheels, but you should get the option of choosing how much you want to declare the wheels worth before shipping ;)

subzero

Reaction score
nope - oil filter relocation kit ....

you could try christy carpenter (topfuelimports). he gets a pallet of parts sent over for people every few weeks , and is meant to be very cheap to get wheels over .

V

vti_coupw

hey man they send wheels in separate packages, i used them for an oil filter relocation kit, front mount and oem parts and found them very good only took 3 days for it to be delivered to my door once it left there holding unit in japan,

the highest weight the classify is 20 kgs and your wheels are 60kgs the shipping on your wheels from them would be 87600 yen which is €663

D

Dizz

Looks like if it's going to be 4 seperate items it'll be 4 x 15 KGs = 4 x ¥22,700 = ¥90,800 = €688 :eek: :cry:

Reaction score
Country
Late i know but...

Shipping was about £250-£300 + £40 handling (UK charges) or thereabouts. That was when the exchange rate was about 240yen to the £