What's new

Snow!!! :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd post up to see if anyone else has had a snow day!? I went out and measured just under 6 inches!

The car is staying at home but i'm going out for a play ;) lol

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
34degC. no snow here!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
It has not stopped snowing here since last night :cry:

s15 is staying in the garage & i've driven to work in the Micra :wack:

i'm a whimp and hate driving in snow so i hope it goes away :annoyed:

Reaction score
I wouldn't have wanted to take mine out this morning! This was about 8 this morning, it's even worse now!!

Reaction score
I had to bring the S15 in this morning as I don't have another car, got her there in the end :D

I loovvvvvvvvvvvvvve your carrrrrr!!!! :D

Here in Essex we've got about i'd say at least 6 inches, snow still falling pretty rapidly and has been all day. Fun Fun!

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
iam in nice warmer weather now in hk just missed the snow as i left yesterday went it started a bit lucky i left yesterday otherwise i would be stuck in heathrow or either with a cancelled flight

Reaction score
Country
I had to drive mine back from Sussex last night and just near Clacketts the snow came down with a vengence and had settled and compacted on the motorway....tail sliding in 5th gear at 20mph !! Also the ABS couldnt handle it esp with my big brake setup, even touching the brake it was kicking in. i was driving on the edge of my nerves that whole time.

Reaction score
snow all day up in yorkshire!

15 is tucked away in the garage, came to work this morning with a massive pile of the white stuff on the bonnet lol

Ship full of russians at work are loving it, feel right at home :cool:

Reaction score
i never used to move mine in the snow. just not worth it. abuse the luxury of a company van that i don't have to pay the insurance for! :D lol

Reaction score
I had to drive mine back from Sussex last night and just near Clacketts the snow came down with a vengence and had settled and compacted on the motorway....tail sliding in 5th gear at 20mph !! Also the ABS couldnt handle it esp with my big brake setup, even touching the brake it was kicking in. i was driving on the edge of my nerves that whole time.
I know exactly what you mean, when i went to my girlfreinds last night i had to concentrate so hard on the quieter roads. Very scary!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Mark, she's far from perfect but she's all mine :D

Jez, I know exactly what you mean. Zero traction on the motorway and if you stray off of the line everyone else is driving you're asking for trouble...

Here's one from this morning:

And here's what I had to contend with on my way home (three and a half hours to do less than 50km - I bloody hate the M50)

Traffic was bearly moving and when it did it didn't get above 10kph. Zero traction too so when I did have to stop it took me ages to get going again - never knew you could drift doing less than 5kph at less than 1,000 rpm!!!

And this is a bit closer to home, thats the snow driving at me rather than the other way around, I was only doing 30kph

Reaction score
Country
Yep, the M25 was just like the last pic, never seen snow unmelted like that on the motorway before. Wouldnt ever drive in the snow normally but had to drive back from the missus's, good job i didnt leave it until today!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Not at all Christian, the road was straight for miles with no traffic and wide hard shoulders on both sides, besides I have no turbo and was only doing about 25/30KPH

Gunner, they occassionally salt the roads here in Ireland but didn't on Sunday night even though it was forecast to snow all week....