What's new

NOT an S15 but an S14a with an S15 front

K

kazama

This is taken from :
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/10/08/car-feature-gt-gt-s14-track-car.aspx

A couple of days ago I got a tip from one our readers who lives in the UK. He gave me a link and the only thing he said was "I know you will like this". When I pressed the link, I got confronted with the car you see before you and I was blown away. This car has been in the making for the past three years and it started its life as an ‘ordinay' Nissan S14A. When I was browsing through the pictures I didn't recognize the bodykit or any of the other stuff on the car. That's because everything was handmade from the front down to the rear quarters.

These kind of builds are really inspiring, I hope I will have the time and knowledge to start a project of my own someday. This car has been built in the UK with the intention to create a true track car, it won't see any public roads (unfortunately I may add!). Let's have a closer look at this amazing car.

The first thing that caught my eye was the paint job, the matte black together with red looks really refreshing. The other eye catching part is the entire bodykit. The front bumper was made using kingspan foam for the bulk and filler to create the shape, this was also used to mold the other parts on the car like the fenders, rear quarters and sideskirts.. I'm no expert on this subject so for more info and pictures I suggest you take a look at the owner's topic on SXOC.

One thing I did want to mention was that the splitter isn't attached to the bumper but it has been fixed to the chassis. The owner says "This way, any downforce will be transmitted to the chassis and not just used to flex the bodywork". I will never look at a splitter the same way again, it seems that I have a lot to learn about aerodynamics.

Before you ask, where is the window? The owner fitted the window after he took the photo's, it sits on some sort of foam and is fastened with little ally tags. This way the window is easy removable and is less likely to crack under stress.

You can clearly see how much wider the rear quarters have become. The rear looks even more impressive with the removed boot floor, he even shaved some of the rear quarters. The entire floorplan has been smoothed for better airflow. Maybe you wonder where the exhaust is? It exists in the left rear quarter just in front of the rear wheel.

Talking about the wheels, they are a set of Volk TE37 painted black in 10.5 et15 with Toyo r888 295 in the rear and 9.5 et 12, r888 265 in the front. The rear wing is made by C-West but the owner modified the mounts to get the wing higher, he also fixed the mounts to the chassis and not to the boot lid. Proper.

This looks more like a S15 GT car build by Nismo than a car that was built by a individual in his garage at home. There is so much these pictures doesn't show you, believe me.

I just want to sit in this all day haha. The rollcage is the first thing that makes a lasting impression, it's a fully triangulated cage, including suspension points made from 45mm tubing. The rest of the interior is fully stripped from all its luxuries. The only luxury you can still find are the two Corbeau carbon seats. To Sabelt 6-point harness is there to keep you strapped in.

A minimum of switches was used because there isn't much to switch on or off. All the switches and the Stack unit with lap timing and action replay are mounted in a lightweight custom dash. The custom switch on the steering wheels is used to change the display layers on the Stack unit.

The mandatory fuel cell from ATL can hold up to 40 liter, there's also an ATL swirl pot and a Bosch high pressure pump to ensure that all the fuel goes to the front. The filler cap has been build into the boot lid. There's just so much attention to detail.

Then there's the engine of course, I almost forgot about that. It's a standard SR20 with a GT2871r turbo and Tomei procams. The money was running low so the owner decided he would tackle the engine another time. For now he just wants to get some track time and see what the car can do. After three years hard work, he deserved it.

-Jeroen Willemsen

This S14a is very impressive if you ask me.
The outlook of the car itself is very agressive and time attack base.
Hats of to the owner ! :D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
looks good but IMHO the rear isn't finished. All that work on the front spoiler and side skirts, it needs something done to the rear bar. Other than that, there is some impressive work there.

subzero

Reaction score
there is a full build thread of this car on driftworks, its not finished yet as far as i know tho.

crazy looking yoke , i like it !!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
screw you hippy im in work till 8am :( :)
Ok, two secs....

Edit, couldn't find it but the link was in the Speedhunters article all along :mad:

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=374790

Here's some of the spec:

Ok ill try list some of the spec.
chassis
Fully stripped to bare metal, every inch of rust removed.
Removal of all non structural/unused metal.
Fully seam welded.
Front and rear firewalls.
Boot floor removed.
Rear 1/4 behind wheels cut off level with boot floor to aid air exit from arch's
Front and rear arch's tubbed.
Full welded in triangulated cage, inc suspension points.
modified and strenghened area for rear wing mounting.
Modified footwell for pedal box
Modified to fit seats in lower and further back and welded in eyebolt points
Modified for side exit exhaust
And much more
Painted white inside and underneath, black roof and door returns etc
suspension, brakes etc.
Seam welded and strengthened subframes.
Fully poly bushed
Adj rose jointed arms upper and lower, fr+rr
Tein flex coilovers.
K-sport 356 front 330 rear
servo removed
Tilton 3pedal floor mount pedal box
Twin m/c for brakes. Ballance bar and remote adjuster.
Full braided hoses inside car
25mm spacers fr+rr
Volk TE37 10.5 et15, toyo r888 295 rr
Volk TE37 9.5 et 12, r888 265 fr
Wheels painted black with new stickers
Tein tie rods,bump steer rod ends
Engine
I figured the engine can be upgraded at any time, so for now it is internally standard. This will give me time to get the rest of the car set up and let me get some money together. So far it has
Gt2871r .86 3" housing
tomei 260 procams, new rockers and tomei valve springs
740cc inj, fuellab adj fpr, greddy fuel rail adapter
greddy baffled sump.
Tomei n1 oil block adapter.
Custom aeroquip and mocal oil cooler and filter relocation with thermostat.
Custom intercooler.
Thicker alloy rad, with 2 fans and thermostat
Fully enclosed and sealed ducting.
Horsham ss manifold. lagged
Custom ss exhaust exiting nsr 1/4 panel, fully lagged to the end with copper lagging.
All custom pipework
Power fc d-jetro
ACT prolite flywheel and HD clutch
Uprated slave cylinder and custom braided lines from pedal box
Cusco engine mounts and polly box mount
Fueling
ATL 40l saver cell, remote filler under hatch in boot lid.
ATL swirl pot
Atl level guage and sender
Lifter pump and bosch 44 high pressure pump.
Fuellab filters
Aeroquip -6 and -8 hoses and fittings
Krontec hardline fuel pipe through cabin
outside
Full wide body designed and built from lightweight frp
Bootlid with fuel hatch
Doors
Rear 1/4s
Sills with rear brake ducts, and incorporates part of flat floor
rear bumper
fr wings, bonnet, bumper designed for s15 lights
Fr wings designed to exit air from arch's
Bumper designed with all ducting in mind and quick removable
moulded s15 lights in frp with single light units. (only half a kg each!)
Custom solid front splitter, mounts to chassis not bumper.
Flat floor and custom rear diffuser (not in pic)
C-west rear wing, and custom mounts to lift it higher up and fix to chassis not boot lid.
Carbon roof scoop
Custom carbon front cannards
Spa carbon mirrors
Full polycarbonate windows, rear has 3 naca ducts for air escape, doors fixed, all bolted in.
Front screen bolted in
inside
Fully stripped of everything, doors are empty, with lightweight trim panels.
Sound deadening removed, origonal wiring looms ditched.
All heater, blower and ac boxes removed.
Full custom lightweight wiring loom. inc fuse boxes, starter cable, ign wires etc.
Frp lightweight dash, minimal switches (nothing left to switch)
Duct from fr bumper, up through engine bay, through servo hole and onto front screen, with in line blower.
Corbeau pro carbon kevlar seats.
Sabelt 6 point 3" harnesses
Custom alloy foot rests
Alloy box to enclose exhaust behind passenger
Plumbed in fire ext with 4 nozzels, int and ext pull cables
red top 35, in alloy box. Cut off switch etc
profebc b boost controller
Stack motorsport dash with lap timing and action replay.
Sparco wheel with removable boss and extension to bring it nearer to the driver. dash buttons mounted on it for lap timing and changing display layers.
Pheww......
There is loads more, and loads of changes here and there, but without pics its hardly worth mentioning.

Last edited: