What's new

Wisdom Teeth

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so i had all 4 wisdom teeth out on friday and they are still bleeding (not profusely) and giving a constant throb...how long does this normally last ??

Still cant eat most solids as my gums and cheeks have swollen like melons so its too easy to aggrevate and open the sticthes and wounds again :(

To be honest the pain hasnt got any worse since they were taken out but it hasnt got any better. Not even sure when i can get back to work as the pain can be really bad sometimes, the codeine makes me fall asleep and talking is painfull after a while (not to mention i look like a hampster).

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I took my wife a week to get over it. She still had a little pain after that, but at the end of 2 weeks she was back to normal.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
hmm i know not wisdom teeth but i got 4 teeth removed in the space of two days and i was pretty much out of action for over a week.. couldnt sleep, talk, eat or anything...

I got wisdom teeth coming in now also... fantastic

Reaction score
Country
2 weeks...Geez, i was hoping like a few days. Doctors said a week off work but they normally exagerate, i guess not this time :(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
still got all 4 of mine jez - they are pushing against the molars and sometimes hurt like hell but i've been putting removal of them off for ages........

Reaction score
Country
Not doing hot saline, just adding salt to water and washing that way. Maybe ill try it hot then to help speed up the healing as it should have stopped bleeding by now ?

The top ones are fine (or seem so), one of my bottom wisdom was horizontally impacted against the back molar. I think they had to do quick a bit of hacking to remove it as its got the most sticthes and still hurts :(

Dean - When my dentist found out i was on private health care he got me booked in directly, before i knew it i was in hosiptal being put under!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It just depends. It's like asking how long is a piece of string. Everyone heals at a different rate. It also depends on how much work they had to do to get the teeth out. My wife had one that was majorly impacted and they had to cut away at the jaw bone to get it out. It also helped that she fell asleep on an ice pack for 4 hours just after the op.

Reaction score
Country
They are fine now cheers. The lower impacted one just took twice as long to heal than all the others but thank god the pain totally went a week later :)