What's new

Recieving Stuff From Japan

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Jez.

From that it looks like I should be paying 3.5% customs duty.

I wont have to pay excise duty as its not alchole or tobacco.

And then import VAT @ 17.5%.

I can only get the cost to £35.

Either way I cant see them giving me my parcel on Saturday unless I pay the full £54 but Im certainly going to question it and ask for a break down along with complain about the fact I never got any letters from them making me aware of the item being there.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Take your purchase invoice with you as proof. And don't forget that the cost of delivery is also subject to duty and VAT.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I have just picked up this parcel.

It turns out the amount I had to pay was correct.

But only becasue who ever filled out the invoice in Japan made a bad mistake with the postage costs.

They put that I paid 31700Yen (154.60GBP) postage when I only paid 3700Yen (18.04GBP) postage.

As a result Ive just had to pay £40.80 VAT on this item instead of the £16.85 I should have paid.

Not best happy about this as thats an additional £23.95 Ive had to pay which pushed the VAT over half the price of the item cost in the first place :rolleyes:

Im going to contact customs on Tuesday to see if I can get the money back as I have the invoices for both the product and postage, and Ive also contacted the company I ordered through to let them know.

Something else Ive got to sort out now :rolleyes: