What's new

What's it like to work in UK?

S

silviac

I'm thinking of doing OE in mech engineering field and wondering how it is to live and work in UK.

you know... general stuff.. tranport, tax, living cost etc...

Reaction score
General stuff???

Tranasport - Expensive, dirty and always late
Tax - Just got decreased... but still ridiculous
Living costs - Are high depending where you live... and rising
Women - No where near as nice as the ones you have there!!

I'l swap countries with you in a heartbeat!!!

EDIT:
I forgot the weather... its April showers are an understatement...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It's all the same here, except for the women...... and then there is the beer

Reaction score
It's all the same here, except for the women...... and then there is the beer
:confused: Aussie women are lush!!!!

Silviac - I think you can get a 2 year working visa... and im guessing you will be tax exempt for the 2 years?!

Reaction score
Country
Id say that the cost of things are lower over here in the UK due to higher wages than in NZ...however im sure the actual quality of life is far superior over there!

If you are going to work over here then save as much money as possible while doing so to build a house at home..seems that what most Kiwi's do :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
can't believe you want to move HERE from somewhere like NZ!

the government in this country are obsessed with stripping away your liberty and taking away or taxing anything that may bring your life a little happiness! im being honest as well, this isnt just a rant. i know life is what you make it but i would think the quality of life would be much better over there:)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
hehe im trying to get OUT the UK as soon as i can lol, This place is terrible mate!

-Women are all mostly fat and a bit stale (Up this direction anyway no insult to anyone in mind)
-Petrol costs a fortune,
-Road Tax costs a FORTUNE!!
-Morgages cost's a forutune
-Weather is crap
-Road's are full of Corsa's and Focus's
-Plenty of Chav's to go around
-The generalism of the country is shocking to be honest

oh.. and the goverment is run by idiots!

Japan is in my future.. fek this place lol.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
this got me thinking.......just did a free online assessment to see if they'd have me in oz, looks good as i scored well above the pass mark. nice to know for future reference as this place is getting worse by the day:rolleyes:

Reaction score
this got me thinking.......just did a free online assessment to see if they'd have me in oz, looks good as i scored well above the pass mark. nice to know for future reference as this place is getting worse by the day:rolleyes:
Where did you do the online scoring??? :D

Reaction score
Country
Its a real shame...i truly love my country but i despise this government with an absolute passion, they really have begun to turn me into a bitter twisted person :(

Theres so much about this country which is great or could or be, such a shame to be seeing such potential wasted. What this country needs is an energetic, charasmatic leader to stand up against left wing minority appeasers and Brussells who only seek to stagnate the UK and its people out of pure jealousy.

/end rant :)

A

Autech_NZ

Well I am on my way over to England from NZ this year too,

NZ is a great place to grow up and to raise a family but it is severly limited by its size and isolation in the middle part of your life.

I want to see and experience more of the world which is rediculously expensive to do from NZ.

also the wages suck balls, average salary is equivalent to 12-13000 pounds so it is very hard to get enough money together to buy a house or do anything big.

plus our government love to copy your government so there is plenty of taxes on tax and giving all of our hard earned money away to doll bludging lowlives.

my plan is to spend a few years earning pounds, see europe while still young and resiliant enough to live like students, and then head back to NZ to settle down with a house deposit.

unfortunately this means selling the autech :(

see you guys in october

S

silviac

Wow there must be serious issues over there with this much of uh...spewing? lol

As chanie said, I only want to go there for 2 years possibly work for a year and travel maybe? or work 2 yrs..

Just like what Autech NZ said actually!!! I think we share the same thoughts. What type of work you gonna do? u going for big OE? Keep in touch and I could cut some hassles off that you might experience in the beginning haha

A

Autech_NZ

Haha

going for the big OE but going to try to work in proper jobs, I work in science doing genetics.

The big issue is getting a visa cause they take for ****ing ever and dont have anyway of tracking your case.

I will have to hit some of you locals up about giving me rides in your s15's when i get withdrawl symptoms and you can show me around too :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol. I think you'll find that they'd soon be biatching if they moved to NZ... The grass is always greener on the other side.

One thing I will agree with however is that the standard of living IS better in NZ and Oz. Though I'm sure that if you shoved 60 million people into NZ, they have the same problems which the UK has to deal with.