Not open for further replies.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The bearing was ?79 shipped last year. Would be fitted in under and hour if they did it the easy way. If they did it the hard way it'd take another hour+ on top. If you look at my Z32 rear brake conversion guide, it shows you what's involved in taking a bearing off...

Service cost depends on the level of service. The Nissan service sheets are in the Useful Threads sticky to give you an idea of what they check.

Brakes... :rotfl: Especially considering they'd be fitting bog standard crappo pads....

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
well guys i got so hacked off i went to collect my car.. i feel like a rant so sorry in advance..

Took my dad with me as he needed to take the other car home, Anyways.. The FULL service cost me a total of ?169.. All the changed was the oil filter.. they didnt do anything else because "it was an import".. Anyways.

They first off would release the car, until i argued that it was my car, i can take my car if i like - be it on my head sort of thing. Gave me the keys asked me to take a seat while they sort the invoice., after around 25mins my dad got up and told them this wasnt acceptable, within a second he wipped up my invoice, this is when i noticed the plugs hadnt been done (due to being an import..)

Anyway, i asked what the problem was with the bearing as all i was told was that it needed replaced. The chief mechanic said it has "Exessive play" - ok point taken.

Got keys, car wouldnt open, alarm didnt work.. got in eventually and nothing.. backup immobiliser wouldnt do jack, went back in and lost it with them. Told them i wanted to speak to the chief mechanic - he sent out about 6 mechanics to the car (Not to sound racist in the slightest but none of their english was up to scratch - which made venting hard)

They wanted to bump start the car as they said they have no idea what was wrong with the car, my dad used to be a mechanic in his day and explained you couldnt as it was RWD, they then said "oh of course" and went to get a charger unit.

Spent ages trying to jump it to find the charger unit wasnt plugged in. Eventually got it started and one of the young lads told me my battery was wrecked becuase it had sat for 1 week and it was an old car so of course it wouldnt start...... he then tried to sell me a battery, im not going to type what my response was.

Anyway, i checked the wheel. Everything seemed fine, no noise, no play.. no NOUT! I told the mechanics that and his responce was as follows "Oh there was play.. well i think so"

riiight.. anyways, turns out now my car mades a strange noise on idle. Sounds like a sqeeky belt or something.

I couldnt return to work with it tho as if i got out at 8pm tonight to find it didnt start id be in a bit of a pickle.

So first off im sorry i didnt listen to you guys and iv learned.. yet, ANOTHER lesson :(

mint out ..

Reaction score
Country
My Nissan story is...

Went in to complain bout a noisy squeek on my passenger door. I've even taken off the door trim myself to help them locate the problem faster and I dont want them sending out the newbies to wreck the door trim.

A guy came to have a look and realised what noise I was complaining. Told me I had to booked it in and they will fix it. Long story short, after $AUD450 spent, the noise is still there when I went to collect it. They said my window regulator was "going" to die anyhow, window regulator $150 service $300. Tell bout it.

Reaction score
ming, careful what you say, you'd never get spotted under your car, getting your hands dirty!!!!

Mint, seriously, this blows.... consider this lesson learned, i believe i did say on MSN not to use nissan. i'm sure many people have the service on their computer that you could get hold of.... so even the trickiest of jobs you can at least get your head round, and be knowledgable, even if you don't feel up to the job. just prevents you from being ripped off them they start telling you the likes of "you needed to change this because this was broke, and that was on it's last legs, it wasn't safe with only that much left".

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
actually i did a lot of work on my car just some jobs i didnt have the tools and time to do......
its called being lazy sometimes aswell...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
20 quid for windscreen wipers. I would have just driven my car out and left.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
heheh, Well i jacked it up today and right enough there is a tiny bit of play in the bearing so i'll get that sorted out myself with the help of a few mates and dudes local from the SXOC ^_^

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Right. I've deleted ALL the post which referred to the political correctness issue. Political correctness is one of my pet hates and is one of the major causes of the UK and other countries being in the state they are these days!

Had mint's innocently-meant remark been taken as that, it would have been just that. Do I get offended when people refer to Brits as a bunch of football hooligans or Australians as a bunch of convicts? Do I fcuk. Take a couple of chill pills and stop getting on your high horses.

More offence and attention was drawn to mint's inadvertent comment by the page of posts which followed it than there would have been otherwise!

If you've got a problem with something someone has posted, use the Report Post button
That's what its for! Back on topic. This is a car forum, not a political, racial or religious arena.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Wicked,

Ok I think we should just close this down anyway matey and i will no revert to my build up thread for argument sakes (^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.