What's new

What would be your next car after the 15 ?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
im actually surprised by the amount of peope who are interested in getting a porshe... iv always said.. once ya go Jap, ya dont go back!

I did it once when i had no choice, regetted it ever since, infact so did my best mate and come to think about all my mates have Jap cars too.. But a porshe.. regardless of the BHP figures etc it just seems like a "step down" imo...

Reaction score
I second that mint, there's just no backtracking once you've gone east...

When i get my command im treating myself to a Honda NSX. With just the right amounts of horsies to wipe the 911 turbo out. The only european car that may sit in my garage is a 512 testarossa or a BMW850CSi

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Sorry but a Porsche 996/997 GT3 or a decent 993 Turbo does it for me, proper enthusiasts cars imo.

Until i can afford a 'decent' Porsche (no Boxter or Cayman crap) though im sticking with Jap as they are so much car for the money.

Though i may be tempted to kill myself in an Ultima GTR if i get serious on track use!

K

kazama

You guys wouldn't get a conti after the S15 ? :?

If I may choose, I'd rather get a continental car after this.
Even though it's a little bit slower, not as aggressive, etc.
Its the build quality, reliability , classy looks that would make me get one.

UNLESS I have money to get 2 cars.

JAP - 600hp R34 GTR V-spec II for weekends/track days/convoys
CONTI - E60 530i/ M3/Golf GTI/E90 325i/Cayenne for everyday use

I wouldn't want to go in a fancy dinner party in a 34. Its just .. ermmm .. weird.

I agree with you JET8553, no baby Porsches. Only the real mac daddy, 911 and above.

The ultimate combination garage for me would be a :

Chauffeur driven Bentley Flying Spur/S500 daily
M5 for daily cruiser, send the kids to school, etc
Cayenne Turbo S for golf days
335ci for the missus
F430 scuderia/599 for the weekends
R34 GTR V-spec II as a Jap toy with 1000+hp

**** just dreaming **** :D

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeh the ultima would be pretty cool lol. As for the porsche thing tho i guess i could understand why people like them to a certain degree (As in the GT3) but to me anyway they all look the same! I mean i cant really tell any differance from a boxster to a 933345 thing on the road lol. Each to their own i guess at the end of the day, i just figured there would be more guys moving up to something like an R34/350z etc etc.

Iv said from day 1 tho that one day i WILL own an NSX, i dont think many people belive'd me until i told them i was getting an s15 before hand and i got one lol..

In Japan tho, This for the daily driver y0! Love these things sooo much!

and this right here......

my gawd thats where its at.............

P

Pazz

As for the porsche thing tho i guess i could understand why people like them to a certain degree (As in the GT3) but to me anyway they all look the same! I mean i cant really tell any differance from a boxster to a 933345 thing on the road lol.
A boxster can be easily picked out from the 911 series. But the fact that all the 911's look very similar is the whole idea, the design doesnt need to be changed, it looked awesome in 1964 and still does in 2008.

Nothing says thoroughbred racing car like a Ferrari or a Porsche, they just have a certain reputation. For example I remember takin the missus to a posh hotel in Stratford and there was a Red Ferrari 360 Spider parked in the hotel car park. It reguarly got random families stopping with their kids etc taking pics of them infront of it.

Reaction score
Kazama, hehe you WILL look weird arriving to an evening ball in a r34GT-R, but arriving to work in it will just itch the hands in your mates pockets to scratch her in envy....:D

But imagine this... you're at this fancy dinner ball right, in some top notch hotel in Monte carlo or Tunisia or Morroco, and sure...theres this impressive line up already there, 911(964) turbo, a GT2, a 599 GTB, V12 Vantage, Merc CL 500, M3's and 5's.........

Then comes this 1992 Honda NSX. :cool: .... Everybody goes silent, every one looks at you with intrigue, a man with flair and panache for everything but the ordinary...And that my chums, is the cult status the NSX has. A ferrari or porsche is just too common nowadays. Even in Malaysia. My neighbor in bloody NILAI has one. 360 Modena.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I wouldn't have any of those continentals for specifically the reason Amused has said. I bought an S15 when there was still well under 100 in the UK. The looks it get off people compared to the two-a-penny other sports cars/hot-mobiles on the road says it all. Also, I just can't muster up any respect for the people who drive all the Porsches, Ferraris, Mercs, Beemers (particularly), etc. If I can't find respect for others who drive them, I certainly wouldn't want to drive one myself. They may be better cars, but... Scoobies as very capable and impressive cars, but I wouldn't be seem dead driving one... I'd take an Evo over it any day, because its rarer and doesn't have the image problem.

The NSX has ALWAYS been one of my dream cars. However, dream car doesn't always mean NEXT car... Other things have to be considered. :)

G

gunner93

American Muscle, German Engineering, Italian Passion, Japanese Tuning... they all are ga ga for me but somehow Jap has lots more room to play with over here...

K

kazama

NSX = pure sex JDM.

A few Jap cars that I'd like to own one day, BNR34, FD3S and NA1.

Also do you guys notice that NSXs (NA1s) are holding their value everywhere around the world ?

Reaction score
Country
I'm not sure bout the NSX arriving in ballroom will be suitable as well. I feel that it's not much different arriving in a R34 GTR. Those race breed cars will never be suitable for such situation. Imagine exiting from the low stance of the car, will be a pita. Even us guys have trouble exiting if the car is too low, what if you're bringing your partner AND she's wearing a dress. I would imagine you need to carry her out. :p In these kind of situation, you need bimmers. I dont like really big cars though such as 5 series so i will only stick to 3 series.

mint,

I agree with you, in some point of our life, we will have kids. Gotta get something big that can accomodate the family comfortably. And certainly nothing is as sleek as the odyssey. +1

Porsches... never liked them even though they are very impressive in the specs and 997 has got to be one of the best looking porsche. Period.

Having said that, I'm a die hard ferrari fan.

Can you say F430 Scuderia? lol Fifth gear did a run in their own ferrari test track and was about 0.03 seconds~ or something like that slower than the enzo. Freaking amazing if you ask me. :p

Last edited:
P

Pazz

Auss15, I would also like to join that club :D I have been a passenger in an F40 a long time ago when I was little and I still remember the sweet rumble it made.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I agree with you, in some point of our life, we will have kids. Gotta get something big that can accomodate the family comfortably. And certainly nothing is as sleek as the odyssey.
I have a family, what is wrong with my s15? My little girls baby seat fits in the back just fine. :nod:

K

kazama

My dreams are made out of these cars.

Pagani Zonda F, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, McLaren SLR 722, Ferrari Enzo, McLaren F1 GTR, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, and Gemballa Mirage GT

One day ....

Just not now. *heartbroken* :(

K

kazama

People say that the F40 was the greatest Ferrari ever made.
Simple, no gimmicky electronics, raw and pure V8 3 litre twin turbo. **drools**

S

sillbeers15

Which car is,

Turbocharged;
FR;
Sub 1300kg kerb weight;
55:45 weight distribution;
Coupe w. long bonnet;
looks killing....

so still a S15,.....not even the R35GTR.

I will consider a E350 or 530i later as a family car replacement and still keep my S15.