What's new

Work incident

P

Paul D

Basically at my last place of work i was working on a car and needed to put some rubber gloves on so i went to the parts counter and put them on. Problem was one of my fingers wouldn't fit in cos something was inside so i took it off and shook it. Pic below shows what it was i nearly s**t myself but one of the lads was laughing and luckely it was dead. Cheeky c**t had put it in! :furious:

Whan it gets warm in the summer they just pop out from all over the place and run across the workshop floor :eek:

Reaction score
haha, not bothered by spiders, but... would still shock the crap outa me to find that in a glove... lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nah, there's some really small ones in Oz. There's those little black ones with a small bit of red on them. They're tiny! :p

Reaction score
Nah, there's some really small ones in Oz. There's those little black ones with a small bit of red on them. They're tiny! :p
Ah yes the red backs, love hiding underneath the toilet seat, then there's the funnel webs, white tails and even the wolf spiders.

The thing about most of our spiders is there not small and even the huntsmans like the one in the photo are the size of your hand. :eek:

But don't let that put you off its still a nice place to visit:wave: Did I mention the sharks:D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
don't forget the snakes

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Ah yes the red backs, love hiding underneath the toilet seat, then there's the funnel webs, white tails and even the wolf spiders.

The thing about most of our spiders is there not small and even the huntsmans like the one in the photo are the size of your hand. :eek:

But don't let that put you off its still a nice place to visit:wave: Did I mention the sharks:D
:nod: No one's ever complained of dying from any of their bites :no:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
reason: they are all dead!

P

Paul D

I dont mind seeing them run about etc, its just when they're crawling on ya or turn up when least expected gets me:no:

Reaction score
I don't like when you walk through a web at night knowing he might be crawling up your shirt while your thrashing away to get the web off:eek:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's not as bad as walking into those webs at night with strands as strong as fishing line. The thought of the spider crawling on you that makes web that strong isn't nice... :no:

Reaction score
We have the Goldern Orb spider which makes the strongest web of all spiders and is considered just below Kevlar for size and strength.

It actually leaves the dead bugs in a trail in its web as a visual display to bigger animals(birds) not to fly into the web, to avoid it being destroyed while setting themselves free.

I remember reading somewhere that NASA took Golden Orb web into space to test its strength

Reaction score
Very similar looks like this. Thats the female the male is 1/10th the size but he has more than one love muscle:rotfl: