What's new

S16 concept?

S

sillbeers15

Sorry that I don't think too highly about french automotive engineering capabilities......the Japs are still more efficient and hardcore in building engines.

On second thoughts, the VQ series aren't so bad after all.

I'm glad that I'm keeping my S15 for good. :cool:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
This is a pretty old rumour. Found the same article on a forum just now and was posted in 2003. See HERE
Yeah, that's probably where I got it..! :)

This could be pretty accurate I think.

No... just.... no. I wouldn't. :no: :down:

Sorry that I don't think too highly about french automotive engineering capabilities......the Japs are still more efficient and hardcore in building engines.

On second thoughts, the VQ series aren't so bad after all.
I thought the VQ was developped before the merge with Renault?

G

gunner93

Yes award winning VQs are civilised but awesome indeed. There's this lingering thought among my SR friends here with this inevitable question : What is the best SR Nissan ever built?

a) GTi-R SR20DET
b) S14/S15 SR20DET
c) X-Trail GT SR20VET

I'm sure you guys know the specs at the back of your hand to these motors. Have a go on this.

Last edited:
P

Pazz

This could be pretty accurate I think.

Hmmmm, I could see potential so I put my pretty shocking photoshop skills into action and came up with this

:cool: big better imo, has a bit of a UK Vauxhall/Opel Astra VXR look :confused: :eek:!

What you guys think???

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
I thought the VQ was developped before the merge with Renault?
Yes, indeed.
So if they merged after the VQ came out, how is it a Renault engine?? :confused:

Yes award winning VQs are civilised but awesome indeed. There's this lingering thought among my SR friends here with this inevitable question : What is the best SR Nissan ever built?

a) GTi-R SR20DET
b) S14/S15 SR20DET
c) X-Trail GT SR20VET

I'm sure you guys know the specs at the back of your hand to these motors. Have a go on this.
SR20VET - 280bhp out of the box & has variable timing on both cams & cam profile too.

Actually, here's some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR20VET#SR20VET

G

gunner93

jpo, I second that. Mysteriously, its only plunked on one JDM model. The rest are already on the sedate QRs. The VET never had a chance to populate like the v-tecs. Its really a shame.

HeL1x,

How about edit one with a rear wing and URAS-look body kit to give it a lowered look.

S

sillbeers15

JPO,

The VQ series has pure Nissan DNA, just like the SR.

It is rumoured that the S16 might contain a renult engine....perhaps from the Megane 225?

Reaction score
Country
I dont think they'll reuse the SR20. Probably a small cc V6.

I reckon the best SR20 has to be the GTi-R. It screams race build all over it. Quad throttle bodies, largest bearing in the sr family,uses the biggest turbo in the sr family and solid lifters.

P

Pazz

jpo
HeL1x,
How about edit one with a rear wing and URAS-look body kit to give it a lowered look.
Think that might be stretching my skills :rolleyes:

You cant really tell what the back looks like from the that one pic, however it looks a bit like a 350z rear end. I just hope they make a decent design.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Likewise - as much as I like the Z, I like the S-shapes too for being 4-seaters, low & long as opposed to the Z's more squat muscly stance which is good in itself but not a basis for an S.