What's new

New Nissan GT-R

Reaction score
Nissan a doing a smaller version of the Z33 (350Z). It'll be 2ltr rear drive, but not based on the S platform but on a smaller version of the FM (front midships) which is what the Z33 is based on.

Should still be good though.

A

auxoura

I love how they implementing high displacement engine but bad news for countries like mine, Malaysia..

Reaction score
Country
Which to be honest is the correct way about it. However, our tax is daylight robbery considering how much we pay on tax at the pump.

Edit - Why dont they just call it emissions tax now ?

G

gunner93

"...Prevailing rumors have the car taking on a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V-6, itself derived from the engine in the 350Z. Power bogeys put the mill in the range of 450 horsepower and 370 pound-feet of twist. In true Skyline fashion, the car will be all-wheel-drive, with a further evolution of the GT-R?s electronic ATTESA ET-S torque-sensing system, tied into a four-wheel steering system..."

Very high drool factor...

G

gunner93

I suppose since Nissan has named G35 as Skyline, they cant use the Skyline name again on this one. Wonder whats in the mind of Nissan's marketing team. Seems to me they've had it wrong here, dont they?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I suppose since Nissan has named G35 as Skyline, they cant use the Skyline name again on this one. Wonder whats in the mind of Nissan's marketing team. Seems to me they've had it wrong here, dont they?
I think that they want to set this model further from the Skyline range.
Kinda like the new corvette which isnt a Chevrolet. Just Corvette.

I can understand that they wanted to do this in Japan as a skyline is just an ordinary car. They don't want the GTR to be asociated with 4 door sedans.
This is just waht I think, but in Japan it isn't the skyline name that is famous because of the fleet of regular low power family sedans. It's the GTR name.
But for the rest of the world the Skyline name is legendary, so don't really know why they don't call it a Skyline everywhere else.

I was almost sure that it would be an infiniti in the states. But it will remain under the Nissan badge. I guess that it's because Nissan has motorsport history and Infiniti not.

G

gunner93

I can imagine those who are not into Nissan would exclaim... "Nissan GT-R? Isnt it the latest Skyline from Nissan?"

Another reliable source reported that Nissan moved away from turbos due to emission consideration but seems like they are coming back with hair dryers again on their favourite award winning VQ motor.

G

gunner93

Hey, they'd forgotten to switch on the lights. :rant:

Any body has a shot on the motor?