What's new

New Nissan GT-R

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Man I would love an R35. I just wish I had the cash. Doesn't mean I would get rid of my S15 tho :)

N

neosilvia

That is the same reason i did not wanted a GTR at this moment...when i can still have fun with my S15. Will be looking at the GTR when it gets to R36 or R37 when I get bored of twicking my s15 then!
The R35 is slated for 5 years in production.

S

sillbeers15

Well, I'm still facinated by my S15 now and hopefully for the next couple of years....btw, what you pay for R35 was what I paid for S15 in Singapore some 5 years ago.

It would be a difficult choice later when I make a next purchace...either a R36GTR or a luxuary sports saloon as I've just purchased my SUV in 2007.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I think a lot of people are agreeing with you on that. Top Gear just named it supercar of the year.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/galleries/other/awards07/12/
i expected nothing less to be honest, good ol Top Gear :cool:

Im indeed looking forward to this car hitting the shop window's and i can only but look forward to next weekend at the Auto Salon when i can see it in flesh!!! I'll try steal one and send it back hehe.. they'll never catch me!!! ^_^ haha :thumbs:

S

sillbeers15

Here are some hefty parts cost of the R35 GTR:

yes, it's 3.2 million Yen for the GT-R's Engine Assembly alone.

That makes the cost of R35GT-R's VR38DETT 4 times more than of its predecessor, R34GT-R's RB26DETT, which only cost \754,000.

Considering the 7.77 million Yen price tag of the base model of the GT-R , the VR38DETT accounts for 41% of the car price, and when combine with the Transaxle Assembly + Transfer, the proportion jump to 61.5%.

R35GT-R genuine Nissan parts price -------R35GT-R-- Q'ty------- R34GT-R (reference)

Engine Assembly-------------------------\3,200,000---1---------\754,000 (New)

Turbocharger Assembly-------------------\250,000-----2---------\99,300 (Standard)

Inter Cooler------------------------------\86,000------2---------\129,000

Transaxle Assembly + Transfer------------\1,570,000---1---------\675,000

Front brake calipers----------------------\135,000-----2---------\108,000

Front brake Disc rotor--------------------\75,400------2---------\59,400

Front brake Disc pad---------------------\90,300------1---------\37,500

Front Wheel-----------------------------\149,600-----2---------\145,200
Rear Wheel------------------------------\150,600-----2---------\145,200

Front bumper----------------------------\120,000-----1---------\69,800 (Painting)

Rear bumper-----------------------------\120,000-----1---------\69,800 (Painting)

Engine parts prices

-------------------------------------R35GT-R------- Q'ty

Camshaft-----------------------------\21,200----------4

Timing Chain---------------------------\4,390----------1

Connecting Rod-----------------------\12,000----------6

Piston---------------------------------\4,440----------6

Piston Ring set------------------------\15,100----------1

Crank Shaft Bearing set-----------------\6,760----------1

Injector Assembly---------------------\11,500----------6

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Wow, there are some expensive bits there. I could afford a timing chain. That's about it.....

j/k really. I might be able to buy two of them :p

M

manna_s15

was on a cruise last night when i noticed the car leading the pack had big round LEDs. now there was a vspec II r34 with LEDs aswell but after seeing the r34 behind the these big LEDs i started to get excited! finally got a proper glimps of it and yes it was an r35 GTR. i was so excited, first one i ever saw in real life. got video footage of it aswell.

S

sillbeers15

The r35 is a impressively 'big' machine.

Glanced passed one black unit as I was waiting at a T junction and it turned in from the main road and passed me...my only impression of it was 'big'.

Had the chance to view and sat in one last month. Big on the exterior, tight fit as a S15 in the r35 driver's seat. Not anymore headroom and one cannot slide a palm between rear of driver's seat and rear seat's edge as in a S15 if you are 6'1''.

Tool box is placed at foot well of front passenger seat. Loads of thick insulation and a pair of really thick doors with a bit of roof edge as part of doors like the Ford GT design.

In the driver's seat, one can fantacise piloting a jet as there are loads of torgle switches and buttons to push compared to a minimalist designed S15 cockpit.

Engine bay is really tight due to V engine with a double firewall design. Just wonder how the hell can a T88 squeeze into the engine bay without sticking it out of the bonnet....oh, bonnet is really heavy and there isn't telescopic dampers to assist ....makes good bisep training as the bonnet lifts similar to S15, only that I've forgotten about weight issue due to a CF bonnet replaced the stock one.

Hopefully I can share with you guys how it feels to drive comes April when my mates get their cars....and if they would allow me to....

E

evoboy

For the 1st time in some years I have been inspired 2 buy a new car , the new GTR is that inspiration !!! Apart from a few supercars that I will prolly neva b able to afford , such as the Gumpert Apollo , Koenigsegg CCR or Ferrari F40 , no other stuff has created a desire to buy until the new GTR !!
I want one bad !!

Reaction score
i believe this is Ben Linney's GTR they're testing...

it was tested at rockingham circuit the day after he collected it from southampton..... against an RX8, 911 turbo, and an M3 CSL....

the M3 had to literally be ragged to it's very limits to even look remotely respectable against the GTR.... in just 1 lap it managed to pull over a second on all the cars on track!

Reaction score
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/92347-so-i-drove-gtr-today-thanks-ben.html

read the above if you want a good read...

just a little background, blowdog used to own an R34GTR v-specII NUR, which he modified to a spec near to Z-tune status in the power and suspension departments. (He done this when the Z-tune was a simply a concept). He sold that to buy the GT3 you see in the pictures on the above link.... read away... :)

Reaction score
I've seen Litchfield and GTC have taken delivery of theirs. Is it one of um?

p.s. what date is Jap fest?

P

Pazz

I heard a rumour the other day that Nissan Japan were threatening to take any importer that exports the GT-R out of Japan to court. Not sure how they would 'police' this. But the CEO/Chariman of Nissan said on GT-R launch day that the this version (R35) of the GT-R would be the very first truly international edition of the Skyline and will be made available to all the major markets in the future. Can't wait to see the UKDM GT-R :cool:

JM-Imports have already sourced a GT-R for one of his clients. See HERE

And I saw THIS on youtube the other day, 11 at USS Auction. People are buying them and literally driving them off the forecourts of Nissan dealers and selling them in Auctions still with the plastic wrapping in tact :eek: probably making a profit too. Suppose this is what Nissan is trying to stop.

Reaction score
Cheers Nicely.

The import thing is avoided if its for personal use. But Newera have removed them from the website. I suspect if you asked nicely they'd do it for you though. However what with the drop in the ? against the Yen it works out at pretty much the price they expect the UK to be ~?60K.

Reaction score
the GTC one is ben linney's....

he cleared it with 2 top people of nissan Japan to allow him to have his imported...Nissan's Marketing Director and Corporate Vice President, Global Communications Director Simon Sproule. So his is pretty safe.

JM-imports did get a letter through from UK solicitor just 3 days after their japanese purchase....apparently...

The one to be at Japfest is Ben's.... it's certainly doing the rounds ATM.

Basically, nissan are pissed at big export companies.... ESP Japanese based ones, that're getting them, takin' them straight to auction.