New Nissan GT-R

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well. This is rumoured to be pics of the Nissan GTR uncovered.
I hope that there will be an optional front bar or that the masking is optional

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I don't actually mind that :) 350Z-esque, but more aggressive, and much better back end.

Don't you love the way that the S15 introduced those circular air vents? :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well, I guess that it needs to be seen live to make a fair comment on how it looks.

Seems to be pretty fast even though it's kinda overweight.

edmunds said:
The record lap would be set by Nissan's top shoe, Suzuki-san, who ultimately turned in a lap in 7 minutes, 38 seconds on a partially wet circuit. Those ominous clouds looming in the sky earlier in the day left their mark on two areas of the track, Kesselchen and Wehrsiefen, and required Suzuki-san to rein his speed in a bit.
That is faster than the 997 turbo :nod:

More articles from edmunds.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=123067?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..2.*

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=123066?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

The creators behind the Gran turismo series for the playstation helped with the development of the new MFD.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Testing of the racecar which will be racing in the SuperGT next year.
I guess you all know the reason behind the choice of colour :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They should make a GT-R Spec-R, that would be it /\ /\ /\

The picture you posted Yako are the finished car, seen some Tokyo motor show pictures of it.

Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to the smaller 350Z based on the FM platform (better than the S as the front axle is pushed forward and the engine moved back toward the firewall) which gives a good 50:50 weight distribution.

The new GTR is based on an Enhanced FM platform. All good me thinks.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hear how quick it changes gears :eek:, thats cant be the standard gear change...
It's got a very advanced dual clutch sequential gearbox. Much like the F1 gearbox in Ferraris or the SMGII in BMWs M cars.

Not sure about the shifting time but i suspect somewhere under 100milliseconds.

N

neosilvia

Well, I wanted an S15 for the streets here in California, but without doing so illegally, it just couldn't happen so I have put my deposit down and signed the purchase agreement for the new GTR in white. Dealer places the pre-order in January and it should be here sometime mid next year so I will let you know first hand what I think at that time, although from everything I am reading I am sure I will love it. I was really not sure about the looks of the car from the photographs, but when I saw it at the San Francisco auto show, I was immediately sold. It is much more striking when you actually see it than the photographs relay. I'll make sure to get some nice side by side shots with my S15.

S

sillbeers15

Great decision, you must be eager to receive your car when it hits north american shore.

Two of my mates are also eagerly waiting for their delivery in late march 08.
It cost USD220k per piece when it gets registered in Singapore.

I'm certain you'll get the best of both as you still keep your S15. The R35 promises to be a powerhouse tour de force while the S15 is still an agile and happy reving nimble ride.

Btw, I've ditched my powerFC and replaced it with F-CON V Pro 3.24 and larger 740cc injs while maintaining my other hardware recently.

HKS technical factory Singapore managed to squeeze out another 20% more power and torque through fine tuning with alternative maps for speed, intake temperature and acceleration correction.

It now also overrides the stock NVCS control. At dyno, it now measures 380hp@wheel and 620Nm of torque.....so now I despritely need to replace my street bound S-03s with RE55S to gain decent traction again.

N

neosilvia

Yeah, can't wait. Won't see it till June or later, depending on how quickly my dealer gets the order into Nissan in January.

Why so expensive in Singapore. Mine is priced at $71,900 + $10,000 markup.

Interesting, you've ditched the PFC and gone F0Con V Pro. I've ditched the F-Con V Pro to go with Autronic. The V-pro is a good ECU, I just have no one in the area that can work on it. Sound like it has worked well for you, and you have the support there to tune it.

I have the GT3076 turbo with full race manifold and a Hypertune intake & throttle body going into the car now. Was going to do a full Tomei motor, but, that was before I went down the GTR path, now, all funds are tied up in GTR madness so my S15 will have to wait.

S

sillbeers15

That is the same reason i did not wanted a GTR at this moment...when i can still have fun with my S15. Will be looking at the GTR when it gets to R36 or R37 when I get bored of twicking my s15 then!