What's new

Moving to OZ

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Its easy to get in here, just show up on a boat....

I qualified by having enough points, i'd like to go a holiday there 1st to see whats its like. I'm not one for overly hot weather, i'm a Scot afterall :), where would you recomend?

Also, would i be better getting a job though a UK based company who relocate me to Oz, or best applying for jobs in Oz direct?

Is there any info on how the tax system works? As well as anything else we never really think about.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its easy to get in here, just show up on a boat....
Yeah, but we're talking in terms of comparing the emigration systems.

I qualified by having enough points, i'd like to go a holiday there 1st to see whats its like. I'm not one for overly hot weather, i'm a Scot afterall :), where would you recomend?
Hobart :p If that's too warm, try the AAT... :wack:

Also, would i be better getting a job though a UK based company who relocate me to Oz, or best applying for jobs in Oz direct?
The main difference there is that you'd get in via sponsorship rather than points. The company would probably give you some relocation benefits too...

Is there any info on how the tax system works? As well as anything else we never really think about.
That one's for the resident Aussies. I just know that the tax system is a lot more open than the predominantly bandit stealth system in the UK.