Project Hilux - stage two complete

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As some of you might know, I bought a Hilux the other month as a second vehicle and daily drive.

Anyone who has sat in a Hilux will tell you that it is somewhat basic... Mine was no different. Couple that with a knackered bench seat and something needed doing.

Got myself and entire set of special edition SAAB 9000 Anniversary electric and heated sets and door trims off Ebay for ?100 (will sell the trims and back seat later).

With the help of R.Sendout (SXOC), we cleared the old vinyl carpets and bench out and scraped-out all the shite and mud underneath :hurl: A new electrical circuit was plumbed in and the seats were bolted in and wired. :thumbs:

The seat belts are proving a bit of a challenge. It looks as though only SAAB belts will go into the clickers on the seats, so I've temporarily hooked-up the original Hilux ones until I can sort out some alternatives.

Next stage is to get the heated seat circuit hooked up to the switches and power and get some carpets in. :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They look sweet.... if a bit old man for my liking.

You must have the most plush interior on a hilux ever :nod: :thumbs: Now it really is a Hi-Lux

I'll get my coat

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, I could have got some of these:

[remote image removed]

But, having got into a mate's car with these and full harness, they are the biggest pain in the ar$e in the history of seats. :p By the time you've buckled in and buckled out, you'd have normally made half the journey... Plus you can't lean forward. At all...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You dont need to run with harnesses, but if you do you can hook them to the rear seat belt, which will allow movement and have pre-tensioning :nod: :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
S15R said:
is this a Hilux RS ? :D :D everything i see is lightweighted
lol! I wish, mate! Its from the days when fuel injection was for GTIs. I think it just about breaks 60bhp (45KW) :p Its also from the time when Utes were workhorses rather than SSZs. Just got to wire the seat heaters in, then I can put some carpet in. Oh, and grommet all the holes. :p Bugger! (that's one that only the Aussies will get :p )

Topper said:
You dont need to run with harnesses, but if you do you can hook them to the rear seat belt, which will allow movement and have pre-tensioning :nod: :thumbs:
Seeing how there's a fecking big flatbed where the back seat would be, I'll stick with the ?100 SAABs, I think. :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Seeing how there's a fecking big flatbed where the back seat would be, I'll stick with the ?100 SAABs, I think. :D
Ah never thought of that now :D ....... but incase anyone wants to fit harnesses to a car with rear seats, what i said above stands :thumbs: :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Couple of updates to the thread

After its task of ridding the world of another Mondeo in January, the Ute had been off the road for a couple of months due to a crap insurance offer (surprise), buying it back, collecting parts and a mate and I repairing it.

The insurance company made a guestimate of ?1800 to repair her and offered a third of the current market value for this age of Hilux :annoyed: Got the offer upped a bit and the car back, and repaired her for ?200! :D AND bought a load of goodies with the rest... Most annoying thing was the damage done to the door, thanks to the salvage company move her about with a fork lift truck :rant: And that was after me saying to my insurer I wanted to to buy it back and NOT to move it about with a fork lift AND phoning the salvage agent and telling them the same... Made my insurer pay me another ?200 compensation though... :D

Here's how she looked after the accident:

The damage done by the salvage agent:

And here's some photos today. She's roadworthy, but still needs a VIC test done to get the registration doc back. However, I was sensible enough to take a copy of the original, which allowed me to renew the road tax :p

P

Paul D

Looking really nice for a workhorse especially with the new wheels setting it off. Im stuck with a 1.3 micra at the min and its killing me!!!!

K

kieran

ha ha i just got one of these nicely, mk3, with a fubard engine..............do you think i can find a replacement anywhere? lol not on ya nelly i go t the uber rare 2.2 petrol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Get yourself onto hpoc.co.uk :) Everything's possible :thumbs:

Fitted a replacement load sensing valve today. My brakes have not been 100% since the repair due trapped air in the valve and the bleed valve being rusted in. Knew it'd shear if I tried to undo it. Guess what? It did when I removed the old valve :D So, full brakes now :thumbs:

For the first time since buying it 18 months ago, I took it off road!! :D Went for a bit of a ramble on the farm estate I live on :cool:

K

kieran

have joined up but nonones ben able to help with the engine lol, looking around i managed to find a 3y engine which should drop straight in albeit a little small lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
After having it sat round the back of the house for nearly six months, I finally fitted the roll bar!!! :D And found that it was actually a piece of piss. No drilling required, once I'd worked out how the brackets worked... :eek:

Took the opportunity to remove the bed liner to clear out underneath. OMG! :eek: What a mess. Straw, dirt, mud, stones, cement, cow crap, you name it... :hurl: I think the weight of the crap I removed was actually the same as the roll bar!!

Anyway, photos :)