Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
by the way. Is the Spec-2 250hp or 280?
My spec-1 is 250. But the R34 GT-T is 280. Not sure about the Spec-2. I've heard that the 50th anniversary editions came with 280hp.. confusing the hell out of me :wack:

I think the R33 is heavier than the R34. The R34 is smaller.
The R34 also got the newly designed NEO top. which is supposed to have better fuel consumtion.

however. The RB25DET engine note sheits all over the the SR20 :)
revving out that baby is heaven for the ears :D
The RB25 is a bit on the silent side though. I've listened to a R34 GT-T with a stock exhaust and you couldn't hear the engine because of the bird song :wack:
Glad to see you've got a cat-back. My R33 is still pretty silent even though i have a kakimoto cat-back.

Good luck with the R33 mate.
It's a little harder on fuel compared to the S15. But on the other side you now have a rear seat which you can use to fit people in :thumbs: Not just dwarfs and pets. Actuall grown-ups will fit back there :D

J

Jono

A shame I have no friends to put back there :wack:

The car's 250bhp as standard. I've yet to experience the RB25 sound but I look forward to it, especially with the following...

I've ordered a HKS frontpipe, a decat and I'm replacing the HKS foam-pod filter with a dry Apexi instead. Should give it some lungs eh.

Crazy spending money on the car before I've even taken delivery but there you go :p

Emma's R34 GTT is dead quiet. It's completely stock accept for the Apexi induction kit. That sounds great, like a Dyson on speed!!! :) But there's very little noise other than that. Silent but deadly. 280bhp on the R34 GTT. It's a great car, I love it.

J

Jono

Oh and a quick comparison shows the following:

R34 GTT ________________________________________R33 GTST
Weight: 1410kg __________________________________Weight: 1390kg
Length: 4580mm _________________________________Length: 4640mm
Width: 1725mm __________________________________Width: 1720mm
Height: 1340mm __________________________________Height: 1340mm

And the Neo engine was designed to meet emissions standards, it meant the car could be classed as a lower-emmision vehicle. Sadly, I don't suppose that standard is recognised here in the UK :rolleyes: :D