What's new

The dream that is Japan

Reaction score
Country
As we’re all obviously fans of Japanese cars, I’m wondering who here has been to the lovely land itself? Personally, I haven’t but as I’m thinking of importing an S15 through torque gt this time next year, I’m thinking on *maybe* taking a wee trip for a couple weeks to have a look at some cars in person along with the guys over there, in an attempt to find the right one, hopefully I can get in contact with them and see if that’d be possible.

I have always wanted to go to Japan, the car culture seems mega and the people seem extremely friendly and welcoming. Thoughts of getting an S15 could be a nice excuse for me to go myself and experience it, with the likes of Up garage etc.

So who here has been and what was your experience like? Any nice car related stories? Recommended places to visit? I don’t know what it is exactly about the place but I’m incredibly attached to the idea of going...

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Hello, I went in 2015 and took in a round of D1 GP when I was there. It was an amazing place. Just do it. What I don't recommend is getting stuck at Daikoku Futo PA without a car. Not my finest moment.

Reaction score
Country
I’m really keen on going as im sure it’s magic and a nice place to sightsee etc, only trouble would be renting a car if I was to go out of the city as I’m 18 �� Will most likely have to use public transport and taxis which should be fun with me not knowing Japanese and all. I’d probably go to Tokyo for this reason. Thanks for the reply, I’m just trying to get some other mates involved so I’m not there myself haha

subzero

Reaction score
ive been twice , once in 2010 and then 2 years ago for my honeymoon.

Went both times in january . 1st time was 100% car focused. no plan , went on short notice , had an amazing trip . public transport is prob the best in the world. did daikuku futo without a car that time and very very nearly had tp spend the night there as there is no way out of it really . A friendly Aussie dude saved us nda dropped us most of the way back to toyko and taxi'd the rest.
2 years when we went it was a different story. having google maps is huge. We went around with printed pieces of paper back in 2010 :). wasnt even smart phones out . Much much easier nowadays get around there.

getting into car auctions now is difficult . big crack down recently. used to be lax enough and i found it an interesting experience as i had imported a few cars before going in 2010 and seeing what actually happens was cool

after all said and done , its by far the best place ive ever visited, and will go back again next year for sure. friendly ppl and theres always something to see.