What's new

Budget

J

Jono

How much is that prat gonna pile onto our road tax today then? place your bets and air your frustrations here... :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I heard on the radio this morning that "gas guzling" car will be loaded with over ?400 for road tax!! thats a ?225 increase :eek: Lets hope that aint true.

But yes, i think we are in for a hit somewhere :rolleyes:

:EDIT:
Income tax reduced to 20% from 22% :thumbs:, but 10% removed completly :down:
"Gas guzling" road tax up to ?400 :eek: :cry:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Some things you guys might be interested in -

Car Tax -
MSN said:
Measures introduced for green motorists. Biofeuls predicted to account for 5% of fuel by 2010. Discounts announced to encourage biofuel growth. Road tax on gas guzzlers to rise to ?300 next year and ?400 the year after. There will be a 30% cut for Band B fuel-efficient cars.
Fuel Prices -
MSN said:
Gordon announces fuel duty increases. Fuel duty up by 2p per litre this year, deferred until October; 2p per litre next year and 1.8p per litre in 2009.
Various Taxes and Savings -
MSN said:
Inheritance tax: the ?285,000 threshold will rise to ?350,000 by 2010.
The capital gains tax threshold will rise from ?8,800 to ?9,200.

ISAs: You will now be able to save ?3,600 in a cash ISA.
Income Tax -
MSN said:
Income tax: top rate of income tax raised from ?38,000 to ?43,000. A huge cheer erupts as he cuts the basic rate of income tax from 22p to 20p. Gordon goes out with a bang.

Most important one -
MSN said:
Beer and cider up by 1p, cider 1p, spirits duty is frozen.
:cry: :( - Its a sad day for the motorist and drinks amount us.....

J

Jono

Less booze, more boost - remember that Topper! ;)

Reckon we might not fall into the gas-guzzling category though... it says "from ?210 to ?300". We don't currently pay ?210 so in theory we're not in the same bracket?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The ?300 will be on cars registered after March 2001, however this must be new cars, which, wll mine isnt, but some of you may be effected by this. If you currently pay ?175, your ok :thumbs:

Also, noted this from the vast discussions on SXOC - The 10p tax on ?2,150 has been scrapped with imediate effect, the 22p reduction to 20p will come into effect next year :rolleyes:, once that happens -
Kieran E1 said:
if you earn over 15785 this tax year you would have saved income tax under this new scheme. hardly the preserve of the super wealthy 16 g a year is it? You only pay 10p tax on 2150 a year it's hardly worth talking about imho

B

baynz

i know this topic is a bit old but im still not sure on somethin. my s15 is docking next week it was first registered in japan in may 2001, does this mean ill have the big tax hike? god i hope not.lol..

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i dont think so i really wanna know how much they gonna charge cuz i think we as motorist should go on strick if its too high they just seem to take take take and never give to the right ppl all we tax payers do is pay tax and where does it go to...them ppl who dont work and just live off the goverment and have loads of babes and crap :rant:

B

baynz

well ive asked the imorters who are importin the car for me because they are puttin 6 months tax on for me also so hopefully they will find out for deffinate for me.

B

baynz

I'm afraid you are going to be a bit of a guinea pig...
I have some good news on this, i pcked the car up on saturday just gone, and its in the lower tax bracket the same as the rest of you and not goin to have the big hike in tax. so im very happy.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It only effects NEW cars registered after that time, so most S15's should be safe :thumbs: - sorry i didnt post about it sooner, could have saved you some worry.