Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
The current law is 10%+9mph to be allowed to do a speed awareness course, that would mean 75mph.

97 more than likely will result in 3points and a fine, or potentially a court hearing (one of those busy courts where you have to queue with loads of other people who have done the same)

Did you receive any papers?

Been lucky a few times where the camera has flashed and I've received nothing

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
Yeah, got the intended prosecution notice today, and so did my mate who got clocked aswell. :mad: not going to North Wales again anytime soon.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Where abouts in Wales? I got clocked on the way back from the Evo Triangle down a long hill on the A5. Apparently it's the most common place to be caught in Wales!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
I've got to fill out the form on it and wait to hear from them.

That's the spot rich, bloody hiding in a horse box I bet

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
Doesn't state whether I'll get points or not, got a feeling it's going to be a ban

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I got clocked for an average of 97 in a 60 a few years back and got 3 points/£60. That was after overtaking an unmarked car and touching 130 in front of him! Might be a bit different if you got caught by some arse sitting in a hedge. How close was your mate behind you when he got had?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
I'll send the form off and see what I get back, will report back with the final outcome

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, got the intended prosecution notice today, and so did my mate who got clocked aswell. :mad: not going to North Wales again anytime soon.

Yeah, cos 37mph over the speed limit is OK in other areas...

Just as a reference, I got 6 points and a £360 fine for 85 in a 50 ten years ago. If I hadn't pleaded financial hardship for potential loss of licence, I would have got at least a 30 day ban.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Wow that's pretty harsh to get such a judgement for 85mph!

Did you do that on a country road in london or outside? Kent are quite strict in these things

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
lucky you don't live here.

97mph = 156kmh

max state limit 110. 45kmh over limit

Fine: A$2350 (1350 pounds) + 6 month minimum disqualification (If you are lucky and don't end up in court which is usually a longer disqualification) 6 demerits when you get your license back (max of 12 for 3 years)

Double demerits apply on public holidays, so you can lose it a second time before you get it back. You also get extra if you do that speed in a school zone. An extra point and $154

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
In Finland, speeding fines are entirely income-linked (using the correct logic that the fine should hurt the offender equally regardless of income). The highest fine here for 80kmh (50mph) in a 40kmh (25mph) limit was €170000 (£116000). The guy earned €10.25M (£7M). This equates to about €510 if you earned €30000. 14 years ago... The speeding tolerance for on-the-spot fines is now being reduced to 7kmh over the limit (4.5mph).

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Wow that's pretty harsh to get such a judgement for 85mph!

Did you do that on a country road in london or outside? Kent are quite strict in these things
This was stretch of DC running up to the M3 just outside Basingstoke. Had an unmarked right behind me...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
In Finland, speeding fines are entirely income-linked (using the correct logic that the fine should hurt the offender equally regardless of income). The highest fine here for 80kmh (50mph) in a 40kmh (25mph) limit was €170000 (£116000). The guy earned €10.25M (£7M). This equates to about €510 if you earned €30000. 14 years ago... The speeding tolerance for on-the-spot fines is now being reduced to 7kmh over the limit (4.5mph).
When you earn that much, you probably wouldn't care.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
In a way. Imagine if the fine was only €500 like the average Joe though. It is still very fair though. If, for example, you only earned 10000, the fine would be 165...

A former chairman of Nokia who got fined in the highest fines complained and appealed. It only got reduced 5%.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk