What's new

Speeding....

Reaction score
lucky you don't live here.

97mph = 156kmh

max state limit 110. 45kmh over limit

Fine: A$2350 (1350 pounds) + 6 month minimum disqualification (If you are lucky and don't end up in court which is usually a longer disqualification) 6 demerits when you get your license back (max of 12 for 3 years)

Double demerits apply on public holidays, so you can lose it a second time before you get it back. You also get extra if you do that speed in a school zone. An extra point and $154
And don't forget they will impound the car for up to 3 months for 45K and over.....Second time and they will confiscate the vehicle if the driver is the registered owner

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I thought the impound thing was for street racing only.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Was just bad timing. The circumstances were such that I would have been left in a potentially dangerous position if I hadn't put my foot down to get past inside lane traffic before my outside lane merged half a mile further on. Which I did comfortably...but with an unmarked right behind me (by chance). I was over the limit though, so no excuse.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Sadly, Your outcome is likely to be what I've listed below,

Summons
up to 56 Day Driving ban
up to 6 points
Fine up to £1000

You friend might get off a litter easier easier with

up to a 28 Day Driving ban if summons
3 points of 6 points if summons
fine of £100 or up to £1000 if receiving a summons. (likely)

However the court are able to use their discretion with these things so hopefully you'll get off lightly.

Wales is terrible for Speed Cameras and if you're not familiar with the area do what I do and drive like your nan, It's not worth a penalty :(

I hope you get off alright on it, This website is quite informative for information on speeding bans, potential penalties etc

Avoid Driving Ban FAQ | Avoid Driving Disqualification, Avoid Speeding Ban

Best of luck.