What's new

Forum slow to respond?

Reaction score
Country
Last few days the forum appears to be running really slowly and at times not at all.

also not sure it's related but last week sometime whenever I clicked on the saved bookmark I was taken to some weird page (don't recall the specific page content but certainly wasn't S15oc)

ive tried on my Mac and two iPhones and the slow response is the same.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Have experienced the same the last few days, sometimes the forum is really quick but most of the time it's really slow and might even come back with this message.
slow.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah it's been slow for me too. Seems s little better this evening

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I mentioned that when I click on a bookmark something else comes up, this is what I get:

usually clicking on the bookmark again brings up S15OC normally, as I mentioned this is happening on my Mac, 2x iPhones and my iPad. I haven't tried my laptop yet

on the Mac the page above looks slightly different but it's the same content

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, the hosting is running like a complete rusted bag of spanners. The forum and website usage isn't anything excessive, so I'll guess that it's a shared server and it's being hammered by other hosting. We used to have a fairy low utilized server, but it had to be changed a month or two back.

I will look into the possibly malware.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've completely replaced the forum coding with originals. Let me know if you still get the redirections.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There appears to have been a script that had hogging too many server resources. This has now been resolved, but has to be monitored to see if it's a recurring problem. Everything is running craploads better!

Reaction score
Country
Had been experiencing the same issues, seems great now.

The he file hosting redirect is something we get on Sxoc from time to time and is a vbuliten issue is it not?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you mean the malware issue, yes there is a vBulletin problem, even though security flaws are patched quickly. The way to (apparently) stop reinfection is already implemented.

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
I still seem to be getting slow performance, other sites are fine. It's taken me a few days to be able to reply to a PM. Don't think the hosting issue is resolved. :no:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It's been good for a number of days, but the performance issue has returned. I've asked for details, but I have to wait for someone else to respond.