Snnnnow!!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Had about 5cm of snow this morning! Quite a rarity in Salisbury, as most snow bypasses us. Something to do with the magical repelling aura surrounding Stonehenge....probably... :p :wack:

Its melting here now, but its much more severe in north Wiltshire. As I'm working in Swindon at the mo, and don't have the Hilux on the road, I've not risked driving a 255x18 footed 280 rwbhp beast across the Plain today... :no:

What's it like over your way? :)

L

Lee75

it started snowing about an hour ago, only fine stuff got about 1cm:rolleyes:

I'll be going out in my car later when theres not as much traffic on the road:D

Last edited:
J

japcar_junkie

I know i know, iv still not posted a new introduce yourself thread, been on here a few weeks now and today will be my first posts since collecting the car yesterday, finally got her home about half 8 last night. It started snowing her in Wolves around 4 this morning, so at half 7 when i made my way to work there was already a fair covering, not the most ideal weather to get used to driving a new car in, but made the journey ok. That said, it is still snowing and has been all morning so not sure what the roads will be like for on the way home. My Boost controller is set at 0.075 bar at the moment, whats it safe to wing it out to so i have no little suprises on the way home.

Reaction score
i'll be leaving Silv' at home today... if i need to go out, i'll just use the work van.... don't mind crashing that, it ain't mine! lol

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I heard you Dazz, i've got a focus to play with in the snow, its really good fun :D

Lots of snow up here and has been for around a week now, few picture of it in the 'Mild winter' thread in General section

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
pretty snowed in today but ni still went out in the civic and one or two hand brake turn hehe....and went to play in the snow with some family and frds as its my day off aint done that in yrs:rotfl:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Its brilliant, I always find i act like a kid when out in the snow :)

Threw some snowballs off the office at lunchtime :D

Reaction score
there's something about snow, that it turns everyone back to kids untill you're at the age where it's difficult for you to walk about in it... then you just hate it! lol

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
It started here about 5am and carried on all day really,
its still falling now but only fine stuff.

i had a day off work as i had a hospital appointment, so i still had to
go out in it, however loopy is safely in the garage.
we went micra power :rotfl: it plowed through it lovely :wack:

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
But is it the right kind of snow... or are the railways also bunged up because of the 'wrong kind of snow' like I recall when I lived in UK.

It is amazing the difference living in a country that knows how to deal with it - the roads are clear (although the s*** they use on it makes your car absolutely filthy and sticks like plastacine). They have all these cool machines here that scoop up the snow and drop it into dumpster trucks and then it gets taken out of the city or to special 'snow collection points'....

Must say that this year has been really mild - only a few days with really heavy snow - and only this week with 'rather cold' temperatures (yesterday was coldest in recorded history for this time in February -29). Predictions for +5 by Valentine's day... Last year I remember being in -45 in January... (although granted not in downtown Moscow).

Enjoy the snow :) with global warming we may not see it much longer... :)

L

Lee75

Arse. Its coming down again quite heavy. At work 50 miles from home... :rolleyes:
Its sleating here :| the snow didn't last long yesterday, i thought we were suposed to get 6" of the stuff:rolleyes:
good luck on the way home:)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There was still quite a bit of ground cover in Swindon this morning. Roads were clear though. The crap earlier was settling, but its stopped now. Hopefully it won't start freezing before I go home...

J

japcar_junkie

Well it snowed for most of the day yesterday here in the West Mids, layed off a little into the night and there wasnt to much ice or snow left around on the roads this morn, could even see dry patches. But all thats changed now, Like a blizzard outside, ok ok, not quite that bad, but its that big old fat snow, the stuff that soaks you right through. AND ITS STICKING AGAIN, AAHHHHHH, not much driving this weekend it seems.