What's new

Import issues

Reaction score
Country
My s15 was imported using torque gt and they have been great. However i seem to be having issues with customs. The car arrived in the country on 4th april and i still havent received any paperwork so torque gt can register it. Now i was meant to have the car well before japfest so im getting pretty annoyed about it now. Surely it shouldnt take over 4 weeks to send some paperwork. I know of a few people that have imported cars andhave recieved their paperwork in about a week. Torque gt have rung customs twice and they're still waiting to hear something. Anybody else had any issues?

Reaction score
Country
Hey

All you can do is the waiting game, when I imported my spec s customs
held it for 2 weeks extra then Interpol held my car for another 2 weeks!
When I imported my spec r I had no issues and got all the paperwork within a week. Torque GT are a good import company so your in safe hands.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the reply Vinnie. The car is actually at Torgue GT now, has been there since the 9th april i believe. So there is no issues with the car as far as im aware so i have no idea why the paperwork hasnt been sent off yet

Reaction score
Country
You must mean the NOVA letter, you can't remove the car from the dock unless it's cleared. I was emailed copies of customs clearance which was done the day the ship landed, but never needed them.

Reaction score
Country
The car is definately at torque gt as i have received pictures of it. As i have technically imported it myself through torque gt i should receive some paperwork to get it registered, but i will send it to torque as they're gona register it for me
Been 4 days since customs were contacted about the issue but nothing has been sorted yet, starting to worry abit now

Reaction score
Country
Well the only thing you need is the NOVA letter which confirms it is legit to the DVLA. That came a few days after it was cleared, Kleerfreight dealt with all that red tape for me. FWIW, DVLA keep that when you register it, just got mine plated up last week :)

Reaction score
Country
The NOVA form finally arrived yesterday morning in the post. Car arrived in the country on 4th april, form was sent off thursday, apparently it took so long due to the amount of cars on the boat

Reaction score
Country
More like because they are lazy. Anyway, happy days, my reg took a week, including a bank holiday weekend, so hopefully you'll be on the road soon. Where in the West mids are you, and what colour is the car? Might see you around.

Reaction score
Country
Im hoping to pick it up saturday. But with the luck i had with the NOVA form, i'm looking to have it for Japfest next year lol
Im in Cannock buddy. Its a totally standard pewter grey s15 but will be changing the wheels and exhaust ASAP. Where abouts are you?

Reaction score
Country
help needed guys...
as I already have MOT, form from HMRC, irish registration certificate, wanted to fill up form V55/5, but that needs a lot of informations from something like a Certificate of Conformity... is that neccesary to have it to register a car?
where can I get that from?

and also, before I'll send all papers to DVLA, have to insure my car on VIN number, or I can insure it when I'll get UK plates?

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I had to insure mine on a chassis number and get an MOT before I could register it.

Reaction score
Country
Importing from Ireland might be completely different, but an import from Japan you just ignore all the CoC related fields on the form and give the reason as being more than 10 years old. You need to send insurance certificate along with the other docs for registration. Honestly if you don't know that then you need to sit down and read the guide to filling the form very carefully.