Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Great idea Ming :thumbs:

I could try to talk to some Swedish car mags too as this would be a pretty rare thing :)
But I want to know for sure that it will happen first :)

Could try to round up some S15 from Norway too.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Oh, and incase I didn't write it before here are the dates for the Gatebil.no event

"Gatebil Festival, Mantorp - 29.-1.juli (fre-s?n)"

That's 2007-06-29 to 2007-07-01

And the location

Air photo of the track.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
:D :clap:

Did i ever tell you my Uncle stays near Goteburg? :D

Any Swede i've met think your Swedish, so speak to you in Swedish until you say, Eh?! Then they turn English, and very good English at that. My 12 year old cousin has better English than me :p

So who's finding out the travel info?, I suppose i'll meet you guys there :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
B@stard. How much is your Outlying Islands ferry then? Not thinking of taking it, just interested. We'd have to drive just as far to get to the top of Scotland as we would to get to Denmark...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Em... i havent found it yet, i cant find one that goes from anywhere bar Newcastle, which would do but i cant get a price for that either :rolleyes:

Its a work in progress :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Looks like there's one to Bergen, Hanstholm (Denmark), the Faroe Islands and Iceland ( :p ) Alternatively, you could meet us in Holland...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
OK. Looking at this logistically now. If we're driving from Holland, we really need to do it over two days if we are going to be safe. I would say daytime driving only. If Gatebil is Friday 29th June to Sunday 1st July, we are going to be away a week, not a weekend, unless we only go for one day. That seems a hell of a waste...

So.

Wednesday 27th June: Set off, ferry from Harwich to Holland. Holland to Germany/Denmark
Thursday 28th June: Germany/Denmark to somewhere near Mantorp, Sweden.

Friday 29th June to Sunday 1st July: take it easy at Gatebil

Monday 2nd July: Head back to Denmark/Germany
Tuesday 3rd July: Back to Holland and ferry back to the UK.

The ferry is going to cost ?126.87 (today's quote). The problem with this is that the sailing is 900-1615 going and 1445-2015 coming back. This is going to severely eat into travel time to get there on Thursday. An overnight sailing is going to add another ?30-75 depending on berth.

This may mean its better to do a Calais crossing and drive from their.

Thoughts?

K

kieran

i reckon, but this is with my rather bad geography itll take 3-4hours from calais to belgium another couple of hours accross belgium, tbh i cant see sailing to calais being a problem, the roads out there are not to bad, normally traffic free other than rush ours round major towns and cities, so on the whole if we plan a carefull route it wouldnt be too bad :thumbs:

How many miles is it to drive to the detination? i drove to south spain but i did it in 3 days of back roads and lots of stops and about 2000miles to get there alone

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If you go through Holland maybe you could meet up with "Hank S15" :)

what do you say Hank? You up for a trip to Sweden this summer :)

Reaction score
im thinking about going on this trip too, any of the other lads in Ireland interested? The other thing is i think a membership to the AA will go a long way :nod:

J

Jono

I've just spoken with a Swedish colleague of mine who makes trips to Sweden a lot to visit friends and family. He's suggested we should get the ferry to Denmark and then take the road-trip over this mighty piece of engineering...

The Oresund bridge to Malmo. He reckons from there, it's about 5hrs drive to Gothenburg.

Don't know about you guys but that route seems sensible to me and the thought of convoying over that bridge is... :nod: OH YES! :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
I've just spoken with a Swedish colleague of mine who makes trips to Sweden a lot to visit friends and family. He's suggested we should get the ferry to Denmark and then take the road-trip over this mighty piece of engineering...

The Oresund bridge to Malmo. He reckons from there, it's about 5hrs drive to Gothenburg.

Don't know about you guys but that route seems sensible to me and the thought of convoying over that bridge is... :nod: OH YES! :D
Someone better document the trip with a video-cam :)

edit: there is a fee for crossing that bridge though. ?21-22 each time you cross it :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Jono, you're not reading everything, are you... I've already said the ferry to Denmark is ?550 each. I've already mentioned the Oresund Link too... :p

Kieran, Took me about an hour from Calais to Brugges a few years ago...

Reaction score
If i get my S15 here im for going full boar Im from North of ireland slammedhead was that ur name there? :rolleyes: I think this would be totall awesome is it definately happening?!