2007 events

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just checked. The price on the website for the Anglobridge includes everything. However, its the 2006 price list, so there will probably be an increase on the listed price.

J

Jono

I may as well duck-out now sadly :( There's no way I'm going to be able to splash the cash and tbh, if I did have that amount of cash I'd buy an FMIC with it!

So yeah, let's get talking about some UK meets too... :D

Great idea though... had it been closer to ?300 I'd probably have done it. ?500 + is just far too much for me.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Wow this has moved a few pages.....

The cost i worksed out was as follows -

Ferry - Return from Newcastle to stavanger, include bed car on etc - ?376, only times available are a week before the show, then the day after leave.
Hotels - 8 nights at ?70 (ish) - ?560
3 tanks of fuel - ?210
That doesnt allow for food either

Granted thats for two people. but it aint cheap and something i cant afford.
Thanks for the offer Kieran, as much as i would love to do this, its just looks to far out of my price range this year :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I get this sneaking suspicion that it may just be me doing this trip.... :p
I can sense it too :(

This is the updated list.

1)yakozan
2)kieran
3)robbyp
4)slammedmind
5)Nicely
6)Justin666

please add yourself to the list if you wanna come over. Or remove it from the list if you're on it and being :ghey: :p :D

I was hoping that we could break the Swedish record for number of S15s in one place. Current record is 3. 100% of the road-legal ones in Sweden (2) and 100% of the road-legal ones in Norway (1) :)

The record for S15s on swedish soil is 4 (set at the same time as the other record).
Yakozan, PJ, Harald200 and Dragonnoir. First three was on Mantorp and Dragonnoir was in V?ster?s on the King of Europe event.

I think Harald200 will come to this event as he works with the crew. His Yellow S15 is sold, but i think he has something up his sleeve ;)
I'll check. I'll try to contact the other S15 owners in Sweden and see if they want to join in :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
?500 or so is quite achievable if people are willing to camp. I think you'd be hard pushed to to get a week's custom holiday abroad, with a car (let alone your own car), for anywhere near that :) I paid more than that for 5 days in Mallorca (going where I wanted, not pre-packaged shite). Factor a ferry in any trip and the price goes up sharply.

Not saying people can afford it, just that that's not expensive for what it is. :)

J

Jono

No, that's true. I'm quite jammy 'cause my Dad has a place in Greece and one in Turkey so I can go out to either for the cost of a flight and my living expenses there :D However, it can get boring going back to the same places every year.

May go to Greece this year, for ?120 it's bargain for me. Only other issue I have is affording to put 3 dogs and 3 cats in kennels... this is mega-expensive and REALLY limits how much I can afford on the actual holiday itself. Misery :(

http://www.d1gp.co.uk/uk_event.html Details of UK D1GP events :) June 17th anyone? :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It all comes to cost with me (especially if interest rates keep rising).

I'll revisit the cost as i'd love to do this.

Nicely, how does the ferry work out for you guys?

I either drive down to meet you lot, or do the same drive through Normay/Sweden, the additional would be the drive from where your ferry ports (once accross the water). My ferry would be ?376, then round trip of 19hr drive there and back. To get to you guys it'd be about the same return trip (19hrs) but add to that the drive through Europe and its bound to be more.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
From your perspective, I can see it being quite awkward without there being a nearby ferry. Its not nearby for me, but its at least at this end of the country.

On last year's price, the freight crossing from Tilbury is ?415 return. That's a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday crossing to Gothenburg, including berth and meals. Two day crossing. HOWEVER. The part I'm not happy about is that freight traffic get priority. That means that if its a busy day and they're packed, we could loose the crossing to freight, despite booking in advance :(

If that happened, it could be possibly to go down to Dover for a crossing and drive it, but it'd be winging it all the way.

The alternative in planning to drive the whole way. That'd be a ?72 return with Speedferrys to Boulogne (55 minute crossing). Then a two day drive up through France, Belgium, Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Obviously, we'd have to sleep somewhere on route.

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Just did some research from this end.. seems like the old ferry routes from St Petersburg to Stockholm are no longer operating.. else it would have been a snip and wouldn't have caused too much agro with the missus...

I'm going to research via latvia or lithuania... bit of a longer drive on worse condition roads.. but maybe possibel

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
elizium said:
Just did some research from this end.. seems like the old ferry routes from St Petersburg to Stockholm are no longer operating.. else it would have been a snip and wouldn't have caused too much agro with the missus...

I'm going to research via latvia or lithuania... bit of a longer drive on worse condition roads.. but maybe possibel
:thumbs:

I have actually been on a cruise ship from Stockholm to St: Petersburg when I was a little bugger :)

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
i've been talking about this with my husband over last couple of days,
thought i'd see how much it was going to cost me.

just been checking travel insurance and i cant get cover from anyone anyhow :cry:
for the next 5 years.

So what UK drift shows we going to go to guys ?

kimi x