What's new

Picture Loss Nightmare !

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My computer, as of yesterday has deleted all the pictures i have ever uploaded from my camera and phone into the My Document file ! ! I dont know how many there were but a good few hundred :(

I spent a good while with our computer geek yesterday trying to find them, we found about 200, but they are about 20mm square and wont resize :cry:. All my holiday snaps etc have gone and all picture of my car.....

So, if any of you guys have any pictures of my car, can you give me a shout and i'll give you my e-mail address.

I know this is a long shot, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :thumbs: :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
When you say the computer deleted them, do you mean you did something which caused the computer to delete them, or they just disappeared?

Have you run a boot-time chkdsk? This will often find lost directories and rename then Check001 or similar.

S

silviac

Download software called Recovermyfiles and you should be sweet.

It recovers pretty much all pictures but some pictures maybe half recovered so just try your luck.

You can either buy the program or use cracked one :cool:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Have you run a boot-time chkdsk? This will often find lost directories and rename then Check001 or similar.
Yes i did that this morning, and no i didnt do anything.

All the ones we have found are named like this ~09fer8fg0erg8e9gwe.jpg, i'm told with the wavey line (~) Window has marked it for deleting.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hope not mate, i only uninstalled it so shouldnt have effected them.

But does seem to have happened once it was gone :(

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Managed to get hold of a trial version of Recovermyfiles, and guess what, it found 69,377 items :eek:

Some of the Jpeg images are the ones i'm looking for, of course i havent looked through them all at i'd be here till next year :)p), but i cant do anything with them as i didnt buy the programme :rolleyes:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
How could uninstalling a programme, using add/remove from the control panel have effected them? And not all of them, only the ones filled in folders, the individual images i had and still there.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Oh, what faith you have in Windows :p Take it from me, it just takes one anomaly in your install/setup for your PC to get shagged when installing/uninstalling stuff, particularly when other stuff is running. I test this sort of stuff everyday...

S

silviac

one way to sort is that a lot of them would be very small.

Just sort out by size and delete ones you don't want first. I assume they will be less than at least 200kb? Cos normally digital camera takes around 500kb. Well mine is.

Anyway I was shocked when I lost my photos ages ago and I had no idea how to recover so I have no physical memory of a good 3 years. I guess couple of thousand photos.... Well now that was long time ago and I don't repeat that anymore by backing up on CD. A good quality CD. I suggest that too Topper. Actually I will do another back up now :) It only takes 10 mins and one piece of coin worth :D but actually priceless :cool: :cool:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They were all very very snall :(

Just had ur computer guy round, he installed and run 'Easyrecover Proffesional version', found half of the folders i was missing in less than 3 minutes :thumbs: - No car ones though :(

Thanks for your help dude, unfortunatly i dont have anything to burn with on this comp (works comp), so will keep them at home from now on.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cd or even DVD recorders are very cheap nowadays. a DVD-RW writer isn't more then ?50 over here.

Definetly a good investment.