What's new

I'm GOING TO JAPAN!!!! 2014 baby!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Myself and my GF have just booked tickets to Japan for our honeymoon!! May 27th next year I'll be in Japan!! I CANNOT ****ING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but I had to share it!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Niice. I hope she enjoys jap cars as much as you or she might be a bit bored? Having said that I went there as a kid and there is s*** loads to do!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well hopefully see as much as possible! We fly to Tokyo, then will do 5 days there! Not sure what to see, or do yet!

then ideally I'd want to hire a car and drive down to Kyoto and Osaka, and then maybe further south! stopping to see Suzuka, Fuji speedway, nikko. Etc etc. trying to see as much racing and cultural Japan as possible!

Any recommendation's guys?

Reaction score
Country
I've never explored tokyo for more than 3 hrs at the airport but Osaka is really fun I love it there. I can't wait to go back.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Reaction score
Country
That's awesome dude!! My friend Alex is going over shortly, he's been there a few times now and usually meets up with Alexi of Noriyaro. I'll direct him to this thread and I'm sure he will have some suggestions of what to do/go see whilst your there.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
That would be great Dave! I'm so buzzing even though its 9 months away!! It's been my dream since I first got into cars. Just hope it lives up to my own hype!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I think she does! Its my part of the wedding really as she's had her choice for everything on the wedding, so now I get my part! Well that's the way I see it!

so far our itinary is:
27,28th going round tokyo, 29th,30th staying in Disneyland hotel as doing the parks!

31st rent a mx5 for 5 days and go up to ebisu!!!! Stay up there and visit tsukuba and nikko circuits!

1st of June head down south to Mt Fuji and Hakone and hire two very special cars from fun2drive.......

an AE86!!!!! And then a KGC10 SKYLINE!! We will get to drive them all over Hakone and the Fuji mountain touge! Visit the HKS factory. Meet up with a friend who will take us midnight driftng in the mountains! Living the JDM dream.

after that head to Tokyo to catch the bullet train to Kyoto and do the historic Zen side of Japan. Plus visit Osaka to find some docks drifting!!!!'

im sooooooo excited about the ae86 driving. My dreams would have finally come true!

Lai

Reaction score
Country
Sam I am so incredible jealous! That is a dream holiday

I'm going to see my relatives in Hong Kong in March 2014 and have booked 7 nights to Japan on a sight seeing tour with my family. We start in Osaka and end up in Tokyo. As the tour is mainly exploring the traditional side of Japan (temples, hot springs, Mount Fuji, bullet train, sake factory and other activities). The last 2 nights in Tokyo will be dedicated to exploring JDM-ness, planning to visit some stores such as Up Garage. As I'm restricted on time it would be great if you can give me some advice on where to go and how you organised it.

Thanks dudes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Japan is just mental

went there few months back, stayed in Tokyo for a few days and went too Kyoto aswel. Planning my next trip already for next year lol.

Need any advise or tips just give me a shout.

Lai

Reaction score
Country
Japan is just mental

went there few months back, stayed in Tokyo for a few days and went too Kyoto aswel. Planning my next trip already for next year lol.

Need any advise or tips just give me a shout.
Hey dude!

i'm counting down the days

Yeh that would be great. Chris Pegs has recommended I speak to you for some advice so I will drop you a message on Facebook. I hope I haven't mistaken you for another Vinnie, lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
1st of June head down south to Mt Fuji and Hakone and hire two very special cars from fun2drive.......

an AE86!!!!! And then a KGC10 SKYLINE!! We will get to drive them all over Hakone and the Fuji mountain touge! Visit the HKS factory. Meet up with a friend who will take us midnight driftng in the mountains! Living the JDM dream.
What a coincidence, I was just at fun2drive this weekend! Are you talking about this AE86 and Hakosuka?

I chatted with the owner there, and he is a really cool guy. He really knows his car stuff. I'm not sure if he speaks English though, I was chatting with him in Japanese...

If you ever feel like doing some hiking while you are here too, there is an excellent hiking course that starts from across the street of fun2drive, called "Kintoki Yama trail". It's why I was there :D I haven't driven any of the cars at fun2drive yet, but I might try the Hakosuka maybe in July or so. Let me know how it is please!! (I know it will be amazing though :D )

EDIT: I forgot to add... if you want to find people drifting at night around the Hakone/Fuji area, the most common place where that happens is near Owakudani hot spring (大涌谷)at 35.242942N, 139.018346E.
This is at Owakudani:
The second most common place is probably near the top of the Nagao Touge (長尾峠)at 35.259617N, 138.972695E. Other places rarely have people drifting on them....
If you want to see some people driving grip as well, people usually assemble on weekends for Touge Time Attack/Battles on Tsubaki Line at 35.161262N, 139.073966E.

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm in Japan at the mo! I will post details and photos when I'm back but **** me its unreal! The touge roads are so amazing I never want to leave! I've found a holiday destination for life! And the fun 2 drive thing.....it was amazing!