Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Hi all
I've been offered a PX on my car, a Factory Manual Toyota MKII JZX100. Although I want a JZX110, this might be a more realistic option for me.

I wanted to see if anyone else ever owned one if they could give me some advise please.

Firstly I wanted to know what the realistic value for a very moderately tuned one.. if anyone can give me guidance with that, I know its an open ended question but I can't see anything on the market except for one on eBay going for 6500 on a classified add, but that one was previously an auto.

Needless to say the car needs the front and rear bumper repaired and resprayed.

Secondly, if there are any things I'd need to have done as soon as I get it:

I've put the valve stem seals on the list of things to check/replace as it has a 1JZ and this is well known.

Thirdly, would I be crazy for considering this PX against my car at almost its sale value? (well removing my alloys/stereo and a little cash my way)

Many thanks

Joeh

Reaction score
Country
I'll be honest dude I know nothing about the jzx100, but part-ex's in my humble opinion are a waste of time. You know the history of your car; how it's been built, parts that have been replaced, you know it's been done right.

You could end up chopping in your lovely 15 for something worth far less. Personally, I'd hold out for legitimate cash sale in full.

Just my 2 pence worth :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I love JZX100's and I will own one at some point. IMO there are none for sale in the UK at the moment I would consider buying and i've looked into the history (of what I could find) of all the ones that have been for sale recently.

So based on that I wouldn't PX your s15. Unless the one he has offered you hasn't been for sale and checks out to be a decent car.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Thanks guys,
You've talked some sense into me already.. I feel a bit foolish.

It's not advertised for sale it was just an offer given to me really. I done some checks on previous owners and found the car had been drifted for about a year off and on... on track.

Having said that, the current owner has completely rebuilt the rear by putting a new subframe, hubs & wishbones etc.. but the engine is a big questionmark.

I guess I'll hold out for the time being, I'm sure he won't be going anywhere anyway... :) I can always bring it back up again later.. or buy one for cash (makes sense)

Joeh

Reaction score
Country
No its north/midlands if its one I know of I would leave it as I think it may have been wrote off

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Wow......... it was previously in Birmingham but yes now it is in Lancashire

Do you mind letting me know the details? PM if you don't want others reading

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
U got any pictures of it pal pm me them if u have il try n find reg out if I can matey

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Mints got a chaser. Its the comfiest rwd bus ive ever been in
its smooth and changes gear so nicely. Sounds great to!!! And fast even with it being a 1jz. Any questioms pm mr and i can ask him :)

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Well he barrel rolled the mx so doesnt have that anymore. Haha. He has his Jzx100 and i have my S15 :) There are some pics of his JZX in the media bit :)

Reaction score
Country
*****dont be put off*********

jzx100 are very cool cars... break it down for yourself...

jzx pro;
- cool 5 door car
- 1jz with 500/600bhp potential for not a lot
- rare cars

cons;
- hard to get parts for them, mostly from japan and not cheap

i would have bought one but the 15 came up better for me...

if i wasnt competing id probably sell the s15 and buy a jzx100 or r34 4 door

i personally love the 4 doors jzx or 34's but each to there own..

however value wise id say a nice s15 spec-r is still worth more.... and would sell more easily...

but a manual jz is just great, and if you plan to skid one the power is awsome! :D

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
*****dont be put off*********

jzx100 are very cool cars... break it down for yourself...

jzx pro;
- cool 5 door car
- 1jz with 500/600bhp potential for not a lot
- rare cars

cons;
- hard to get parts for them, mostly from japan and not cheap

i would have bought one but the 15 came up better for me...

if i wasnt competing id probably sell the s15 and buy a jzx100 or r34 4 door

i personally love the 4 doors jzx or 34's but each to there own..

however value wise id say a nice s15 spec-r is still worth more.... and would sell more easily...

but a manual jz is just great, and if you plan to skid one the power is awsome! :D
LOL Looks like I'm back to square one again.. Thanks hahahaha - I had in mind the exact same points... Okay okay I'm going to reassess the situation tonight and post up my verdict :D