post pics of your daily driver if not a S15

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
After its task of ridding the world of another Mondeo in January, the Ute had been off the road for a couple of months due to a crap insurance offer (surprise), buying it back, collecting parts and a mate and I repairing it.

The insurance company made a guestimate of ?1800 to repair her and offered a third of the current market value for this age of Hilux :annoyed: Got the offer upped a bit and the car back, and repaired her for ?200! :D AND bought a load of goodies with the rest... Most annoying thing was the damage done to the door, thanks to the salvage company move her about with a fork lift truck :rant: And that was after me saying to my insurer I wanted to to buy it back and NOT to move it about with a fork lift AND phoning the salvage agent and telling them the same... Made my insurer pay me another ?200 compensation though... :D

Here's how she looked after the accident:

The damage done by the salvage agent:

And here's some photos today. She's roadworthy, but still needs a VIC test done to get the registration doc back. However, I was sensible enough to take a copy of the original, which allowed me to renew the road tax :p

P

Paddy mack

need anew one

just sold my daily runner was a 1998 mark 3 golf Dsl. how are them hilux's to run. one of the lads at work reckon they are boncy and uncomfortable?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The door still has the dent :nod: Need to find a decent local panel beater. ?200 will get a new door, but not painted...

The Hilux was bought for its practicality, 4WD, indestructibility and something I could through miles at without worrying about it. Fuel economy is less than the S15 and its...erm...basic. However, the set of SAAB leather electric and heated front seats have added some comfort :D They ARE bouncy, but bunging on a decent set of dampers will sort that.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
This is my current daily driver...

Ok, it's FWD :no: and only got 202bhp :ghey: but it has been a faithful servant and has plenty of space (something I will miss when I get the S15).

The Koni's are wicked - great handling and decent ride quality.

James

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
130tdi sport bora (195BHP)
all thats done is coilovers, uprated ARBs, turbo back milltek 'race' exhaust, remap, 9/19s radius R6 alloys and ive a couple of things still to put on.

enjoy.........:thumbs:

M

mitch

Being replaced by the Spec S if the 180 sells soon....

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
^^^ Mmmm. V-mount :)
did you fix that yourself or did you find some sort of kit?

I think I've seen a V-mount kit in australia with radiator and the lots.

M

mitch

I do all the work at my place, with the exception of mapping.

I got the intercooler and it looked like it would lend itself to a V mount installation. I think I'll do the S15 like that too, as long as someone buys the 180, otherwise I won't be able to afford to mod it, and will probably sell it on:(