What's new

Profile/Account privileges?

Reaction score
Country
Hi,

this is prob a stupid question with a very obvious answer but here goes......

i joined the forum on friday last and every post i put up it says that my post will not become visible until a moderator approves it. does this always happen or is because im new or what? its been 3 days since i posted a post and it became visible today, just wondering? is there a full members fee or something that i cant find? :)

also if i try to view someones profile it says it may be because i dont have certain privileges or my account is awaiting activation.
again maybe because im not a full member or is this always the case? :)

knowing me im probably doing something stupid anyway :D haha

any help is much appreciated, thanks :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The moderation of posts is a spam reduction measure. We have had to use this to stop unusually high amount of spam reaching the forums. The reason why it took 3 days to be approved is that I missed it in the moderation queue. Sorry.

Your account looks ok. I can't see why you are having trouble looking at profiles. If it keeps happening, send me a pm and I will resend your confirmation email and see if that fixes it.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hmmm.... it has you as a standard user instead of a registered user, which is strange. Have you clicked on the user registration email? I have changed your account to user requiring email confirmation and sent you a confirmation email, so if you could follow the directions in the email and we can see if that sorts it out.

edit: I sent the same message to you in a pm as well.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
hey im having the same problem too, ive made 3 posts over the last week and none of them have been approved yet? is there any chance of them getting approved please :)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
We have been having a few issues with the forum. If it keeps happening, let us know.

Reaction score
Country
I can't view anyone else's profiles and sometimes cannot view mine either!?

Not that big of a deal just thought i'd let you guys know i'm getting issues as well. I did have a problem with the activation email not coming through although it did eventually and I confirmed the account - flipping gmail!

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
There were issues with the hosting of the forums. That may have been the problem.

J

Jaydjeeze

Hi, I am having the same problem with my account it isn't let me post and go onto other peoples pages
The moderation of posts is a spam reduction measure. We have had to use this to stop unusually high amount of spam reaching the forums. The reason why it took 3 days to be approved is that I missed it in the moderation queue. Sorry.

Your account looks ok. I can't see why you are having trouble looking at profiles. If it keeps happening, send me a pm and I will resend your confirmation email and see if that fixes it.

Reaction score
Country
guys, seriously, wtf, I can't post anything, 70% of my posts are not showing, I can't check my profile, can't check profiles other users if I would like to find some of their posts... if I am user, I really would like to post something and not to wait for couple of days and maybe that will be posted, or what usually happens, not posted.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Did you read the thread linked in the post before yours? The same one that is at the top of every section in this forum? If not, here it is for you again:

I can't see my first five posts!!

Now that you have more than five posts, you should find that all your posting woes have strangely disappeared.... :rolleyes:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
guys, seriously, wtf, I can't post anything, 70% of my posts are not showing, I can't check my profile, can't check profiles other users if I would like to find some of their posts... if I am user, I really would like to post something and not to wait for couple of days and maybe that will be posted, or what usually happens, not posted.

If you'd read the post right above yours, all your questions would have been answered! Maybe next time read alittle before getting shirty with us!

Reaction score
Country
i was reading all that subject but didn't find answer except "i had the same problem and now it's good", so thought maybe there is some forum error or sth...
didn't want to be rude but really needed an answer for one question and could post anything :)
sorry about that, peace guys :)