What's new

Anyone near Northampton?

Reaction score
Country
Been on here a couple months, and not met another s15 owner so thought it was about time to know those local to me, then can exchange like for like help when people need a hand fitting etc, or just have a chilled meet and take some pictures, so who's around Northampton? And like 30,40 minute diameter away?

Jay

Reaction score
there are a couple in northampton, one or two in kettering, and im in peterborough, which if nobody is looking i can make it to northampton in about 40mins. if im not at work then im always up for a run out/meet up. not too great with spanners, so useless there im afraid!

Reaction score
Country
Who are those people then, speak up :p

Ah don't fancy giving me a good 4 hour hand changing my turbo gaskets then haha

Jay

Reaction score
Who are those people then, speak up :p

Ah don't fancy giving me a good 4 hour hand changing my turbo gaskets then haha
the only help i would give is to ask stoopid questions like "is that the turbo then?" and "why are you putting a piece of cardboard on the turbo?"

Reaction score
Country
me and james littleton are from thrapston, (near kettering)

i was in northampton today enjoying red hot :)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah i just moved from Kettering to Thrapston down the road from Jiblet!

So that's 3 of us called James with S15s from this area.. haha

Reaction score
Country
Haha I thought it was a bit boring, but you've turned me around! When we doing this then? anyone got a spare few days for turbo replacement :p

Reaction score
Country
Haha you can help then, I'll be getting a new turbo, braided lines, manifold, down pipe and decat, if I tried to fit it myself id be there for about a week, never done any turbo stuff before so have no idea what I'm doing

Reaction score
Country
would really appreciate the help, would save me the 400 quid charge for work, how long do you think it would take to swap the turbo with the gt2871r, new manifold, downpipe, braided lines and decat?

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
would really appreciate the help, would save me the 400 quid charge for work, how long do you think it would take to swap the turbo with the gt2871r, new manifold, downpipe, braided lines and decat?
umm probs about 4-5 hours not rushed and done right.

If you can come to coventry i can prob as my mates at ats to borrow a 2post ramp. You would have to pay them for the time but it would be less than 100.

Reaction score
Country
umm probs about 4-5 hours not rushed and done right.

If you can come to coventry i can prob as my mates at ats to borrow a 2post ramp. You would have to pay them for the time but it would be less than 100.
That sounds good mate, I'll be ordering the parts tomorrow, hopefully get them all soon, really wanted to put it on asap, as my turbo is starting to die and I've got a loose gasket anyway so thought best get it out the way and upgrade the parts while I'm there.

coventry's no problem, I drive there everyday for work :)