Quick shopping trip to the UK.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi guys. Not been one here much, but I hope that will change. Have my last exam for the semester on monday.
Planning to take a quick trip to the UK in a week or two to buy a new car as I've sold the R33 and don't know what to do with the money :wack:.

Unfortunaly it isn't enough to get another S15, but I've been looking at RX8s on pistonheads and they seem to be right about my pricerange.
Stupid cheap in the UK it seems.

Don't know if these will still be available when I get the time to get my ass over there. But this is what I had in mind.
http://pistonheads.com/sales/3962680.htm

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3849494.htm

my only criteria is below 60000 miles (as low as possible).
Maximum 3400GBP
High power version.

Any thoughts :wave:

Don't really know how I will solve the issue of transportation in the UK. Have a friend who works in London, but don't think he will have the time to help me. So do you know of a website where I can look up trains or other transportation which will get me from point A to point B in the UK?
I would rent a car if the hassle of returning it wasn't a problem. Driving two cars at the same time isn't something I'm prepared to try.

Have to contact DFDS seaways too and see about RoRo ferry bookings.

any info will help :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for :)
I hope the seller can meet me up at the local trainstation or provide info about local transportation when I decide when and what cares to look at.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Just drive the R35 more! :cool:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
just get an S15 again and drop an RB engine in best of both worlds :rotfl:, wasn't a fan of the stupid doors on the RX8 but I guess it would be more reliable than an RX7?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I was utterly disappointed with the RX8 power. It was the 231bhp version and with the rotary it feels more like an electric car! Really strange driving experience!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Just drive the R35 more! :cool:
Well, I need a car to take me to the R35 as it's parked at my parents house. Now I have to take the bus there if I want to drive the R35. So I really need a car ;)

The power isn't my top priority. The R35 can manage that. Just want a nice newish car which is pretty cheap to buy.
Already had a FD. Not a very good car to go shopping in or take on a small road-trip even though I managed to find a way to sleep in the FD. I wouldn't recommend it :p

S15 is too expensive. I would have gotten another one if I had more money.

Reaction score
Country
Having had an RX8 I wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. I was the second owner, it had a full service history and I still had to get the engine rebuilt after 6 months ownership. Add £3000 for a rebuild or look for one thats just had one.
18mpg everywhere isn't that fun either no matter how you drive.

That said I did enjoy handling of the car and the smooth power delivery. It can shift too if driven well.

If you are serious about buying one I would contact Carl Hayward and see if he has any. Top bloke rebuilt my engine with some porting. Hayward Rotary

A fresh rebuild by a reputable company would be my number 1 criteria if I was looking again.
(I haven't looked at the links to see what the cars you've found have)

Edit: My RX8 only 50k miles on her.

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well, I'm off tomorrow. :D
I'll take my chances with the Rotary. My RX7 lasted without a problem for a year (then I sold it) so I might have a lucky wankel-touch or something.
Have two cars lined up. But I won't even look at the second one if the first one seems to be good.

Have about 2000km drive back to stockholm (1240miles) so it may take a while. :D
I hope to have the energy and time to make a quick stop in Germany for some cheap alcohol :D
Maybe I should buy a truck instead :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I know a few people who have owned RX8's and they all say they would never have another.. :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well, actually. i really like it :)
Easily takes 4 people, Lots of luxury equipment, very smooth ride and looks good :)
It's not superfast. But it's more than enought to do the jobb of taking me to work or university accasionally, drive me to the golf-course and to the GTR :)
For the prices they go for in the UK, everyone should have one. I mean 3000GBP. thats stupid cheap.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
This is what I brought home with me :)
Everything works like a charm. Just a small rattle from a heatshield at idle sometimes which I will look at later on.

Reaction score
Country
If I remember rightly the rattle at idle is normal. Has been a few years though so don't hold me to that.
I do like them in red.