What's new

Any Mountain Bikers about?!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Recently got back into my biking and bought a new bike other month! Been loving it and perfect compromise between exercise, fun and shedding the beer belly!

I bought this for mine other day and wanted to show everyone as very impressed with it. As mudguards are generally for the pansies amongst us I bought one of these. Called a Bender Fender, keeps unwanted rubbish off your face doesn't ruin the lines of the bike and super light. All that for 8 quid.

This also gave me a chance to test the tapatalk out...! :p

Reaction score
Gave it up due to my work injury but I still have a nice set of Marzocchi Shivers DC's O5 in the garage..if you know anyone interested? Happy riding chap had some of the best times of my life when mountain biking..

Reaction score
Country
Nice! Must be bike season - I just bought myself a Trials Bike (pedals, no engine).. and i'm pretty rubbish. and its so tiring. But so much fun! Mike, you should get one! They're so unbelievably light weight.. and not too expensive either for a second hand one :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Gave it up due to my work injury but I still have a nice set of Marzocchi Shivers DC's O5 in the garage..if you know anyone interested? Happy riding chap had some of the best times of my life when mountain biking..
Cool i'll ask about! :) Yeah loving it we drove up the Quantocks last week the uphills are evil but the downhills were epic!

Nice! Must be bike season - I just bought myself a Trials Bike (pedals, no engine).. and i'm pretty rubbish. and its so tiring. But so much fun! Mike, you should get one! They're so unbelievably light weight.. and not too expensive either for a second hand one :)
I actually bought a Onza Zoot for cheaps last year or was it year before?... My friend is big into it and convinced me spend ages hopping around in the garden! Half of that time mind was flat on my back crashed out with the bike on me!

Reaction score
Country
I actually bought a Onza Zoot for cheaps last year or was it year before?... My friend is big into it and convinced me spend ages hopping around in the garden! Half of that time mind was flat on my back crashed out with the bike on me!
haha should've kept it up! its tiring work mind. i've just your basic Onza frame too :) body is already covered in blood. gah.

Reaction score
Country
Cool i'll ask about! :) Yeah loving it we drove up the Quantocks last week the uphills are evil but the downhills were epic!
I used to be really into my biking used to do DH racing, nearly every weekend i used to ride at the quantocks at Triscombe Stone.

I have done a lot of racing around there aswell, at combe sydenham and over at avill hill, minehead.

I have been meaning to get back out on my bike for so long, but don't fancy struggling it into the S15, so i have to wait until i can borrow my dads work truck. (Luckily for me he owns a bike shop so the truck is perfect. It also means i get cheap parts :D)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm into bikes too. I've got one of thse fabric mud guard things (not fitted in photos) that go on the forks to stop the crap flying forward and subsiquently into your face!

I've done a few trails but not a lot recently. Here it is anyway.. 2010 Cube Acid..

And by big brake fetish from the S15 has spread here too..

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Proper downhill scares the pants off me Brutty! Go big or go straight into a tree!

Looking good Craig! My friend bought this years Acid, nice bikes. That front disk is huuuugh!

Here's mine, I bought a 2010 model from old stock nice and cheap and much higher spec than you'd get on a 2012 model for the same money. Pics are from when i first got it, note the awful reflectors on the wheels. Run spd pedals now to, provided many hilarious toppling over at first.

2010 Kona Kula Gold

How it normally looks!

And then the next 2 hours like this!

Last edited:

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm big into biking also just paid for my new bike, should arrive at the end of the this month got myself one of these:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3040

had a trek liquid before this, which reminds me i need to sell the bits off it !

can be found most weeks at Lee Quary in Lancashire or Llandegla in Wales. and looking at planning an alps trips this year also.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
That Canyon looks the nuts mate! Lad we rode with in Wales way back had one really smart thing!

I've changed my bike since the Kona, I bought a few month old 2011 Santa Cruz Superlight and rebuilt it with the parts from the Kona and some new bit and pieces to try keep the weight down so i guess now you could call it a custom bike!

As it is now:

2011 Santa Cruz Superlight Powder coated white
2010 Rock shox Reba SL 100
SLX brakes
SLX Crank with XT rear mech
Mavic Crossmax wheels
Easton ec70 carbon bars and seatpost.

She coming in just over 29lbs which isnt super light but not bad for a susser!

We entered a race a while ago to which is nuts was a night race we all bought lights for, came 17 out of 30 odd in the fun class. you get so much more out of yourself in a race situation i though was going to pass out!

Struggling to find many good picture but heres some!

From when it was built!

This is the only one i can find with the new bars and seatpost!

With the light battery attached i fitted the battery inside the water bottle i cut in half! and one before the race.

And this was me after! Face says it all!

:)

Reaction score
Country
There are some nice bikes in here! That Canyon looks lovely, I really like their bikes. I'm pretty sure Bike Radar voted a Canyon road bike as their 2012 bike of the year too!

I suppose it would be rude if I didn't make a post in this thread. I have worked in the bike industry for just over a year now and I've just started to get into mountain biking.

I don't really have any decent photos of my MTB but here's what I have. It's a 2013 Ghost AMR 7500, full XT.

The first thing I did was swap the standard saddle for a Prologo Nago Evo X10 with carbon rails

That shape didn't suit my arse so I swapped it for a Scratch X20 instead. No carbon this time though :(

I have only used it once so far, I tend to go out on my road bike more often!

Last edited: