What's new

Wheres the full site gone from mobile devices?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I cleared the cookies on my iphone the other day, now I can only access the mobile version of the site but I always used the full version.... Does anyone know how I can go back to the full site as there doesn't appear to be an option.... Cheers.

S

S15 SILVIA

I had this myself a while ago, but can't remember how I got the full site back.
Is there a drop down box at the bottom of the page where you can choose the full site etc?

S

S15 SILVIA

Is that android? Because its different again for the iPhone!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Nicely, when i bring the main s15oc homepage up i select desktop version, but when it goes to forum mode its the mobile site and when i go to the settings section there is no option to show the full site??!! Dont know why...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm guessing (because I'm not sure) that, despite you selecting the Desktop site, your browser is telling you it knows better and redirecting you to the mobile site. I get this sometimes with certain sites. It's easy enough to overcome by telling the browser to act as a Desktop browser. In Dolphin (simply the best mobile browser), there's a little plugin you can achieve this by just selecting a screen button.

Of course, it could just be Apple telling you it knows best. If this is the case, you should mindlessly obey, and while your at it, order a new iPad2S (or is it 3...) :p

CMR

Reaction score
Country
The "full" site is fine in my iPhone 4. Cleared cookies and it went back to the mobile version, selected the main site and it's loaded fine.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
It just will not work.... Tried clearing cookies again and selecting desktop on the homepage. As soon as you go back to forum, mobile site. Even downloaded opera browser and tried it again with no joy... Its very annoying because I really don't like the layout and haven't been using the forum as much.... It's with iPhone 4 also...

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Definitely a strange one, not sure what to suggest. If you logout on your phone and try the full version does it still go back to the mobile site?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I don't know what to suggest either. I've tested, and am typing this, from inside an iPhone 4 emulator. No problem switching to the full site and back.

Reaction score
Country
I have the same issue on my iphone4. I have the option on the main site but not the forum. Running iOS version 5.0.1 Just updating to 5.1 to see if that helps.

Made no difference sadly. Just doesn't have the option for the full site. Could probably upload a pic if it would help.

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Im running 4.3 with a jailbreak so havent updated but thats now definitely not the issue... Wierd because im using a lot of sites without any issues at all :(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Mines working fine on latest software and not jail-broken. I always use the full site too.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have 4S with 5.0.1. Not sure what to suggest either.

Try clearing history and all that too and load site by typing the address, not loading from favourites.